new to site

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
david30101

new to site

Post by david30101 »

Ive been reading this site for several months so I kinda figured that most of you are the concervitive type and older then me. Im 44 yo, thin, very toned and in shape. I workout at gym, and I guess most Ive met never belive me when i tell them my age. I guess Im a complete oppisate of most of you, I like to wear a skirt for fun of being in my underwear in public or outside without pants. I nornally wear denim minis around 12-13 in length or modifyed mens cutoff shorts turned into a skirt. I wear mens bikini underwear under them. And as far as others seeing my underwear..? I can care less..Not that I do it on purpose..but if sombody gets a peek while im sitting etc, OH WELL let them...Its only a ARTICLE OF CLOTHING...I normally wear the same thing on beach or my boat (underwear or speedos) what differance does it make? Im proud of my body and have the body to show off. Only that i havent got the nerve to wear a skirt in full public (outside my property) besides riding my bike around late at night. Im located north of Atlanta Ga in a town of Acworth. I do have pics of me in a skirt but most of them are showing my underwear so I may offend some of you..They are located on my yahoo profile 360 page.."david_w859" in case some are interested in seeing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by david30101 on Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

Welcome to the forum David. I think you'll find some similarities with people here and that you are not the opposite of everyone after all. For instance, I am skinny, and like you, enjoy wearing fairly short skirts of denim or heavy cotton or corduroy etc.

I like hearing the news, views, opinions etc. of a wide range of men who wear skirts - and I include kilts there. We can all learn from each other - and that's a good thing.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood . . .
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Hi David and welcome to the Café,

I'm sure that you are the opposite to some here, but you will find others just like you and many who are somewhere between the two extremes. For instance, I'd never call myself thin or particularly toned but I'm only 2 years older than you. That's the great strength of this forum; it has all sorts of people here from all walks of life and (generally speaking) we all get along just fine.

So pull up a chair, grab a coffee and join the conversation, you'll find you're very welcome.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

Welcome to the forum. OK I'm a fairly conservative knee length kilt guy but the more men with the balls to wear skirts of whatever style or length the better for men's fashion equality.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
david30101

Post by david30101 »

Thanks, I noticed most of you live in Scotland, and Europe which is less conservitive then USA. Like I said Ive only worn a skirt around the house (live alone) and around the yard or driving, etc. Never walked into public places wearing one "yet".
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

david30101 wrote:Thanks, I noticed most of you live in Scotland, and Europe which is less conservitive then USA. Like I said Ive only worn a skirt around the house (live alone) and around the yard or driving, etc. Never walked into public places wearing one "yet".
David,

Until you try it you'll just have to believe me on this but no one out there gives a hoot what you wear. When you go out skirted initially you will feel self conscious but few people will even notice and still fewer will say anything.

Of course if you wear a bright red tutu a few more people will see you but stay reasonably conservative and the majority will be blind to,your choice of clothing.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

David

Welcome to the café.

You absolutely MUST get out and about and not allow yourself to become a prisoner in your own home. Remember that you are middle-aged, and don't be tempted to go out in a short mini - a woman of your age probably wouldn't do that. Get yourself a plain, straight, knee-length denim skirt; team it up man's belt, a shirt or t-shirt, denim jacket, thick socks and boots or training shoes, and stride out to face the world. But I warn you - do NOT expect any reaction. Hardly anybody will notice that what you have on is actually a skirt. They see denim below the waist and their brain registers "jeans or long shorts". I have stood and talked to people while attired in that way and they joked with me about my HAT because they simply didn't see my skirt!! :lol:

People on here will tell you that denim skirts are practically invisible and until you try one for yourself, you will never really believe it.

Good luck!

Stu
binx
Member Extraordinaire

Re: new to site

Post by binx »

david30101 wrote:I like to wear a skirt for fun of being in my underwear in public or outside without pants. I nornally wear denim minis around 12-13 in length or modifyed mens cutoff shorts turned into a skirt. I wear mens bikini underwear under them. And as far as others seeing my underwear..? I can care less..Not that I do it on purpose..but if sombody gets a peek while im sitting etc, OH WELL let them...Its only a ARTICLE OF CLOTHING...I normally wear the same thing on beach or my boat (underwear or speedos) what differance does it make? Im proud of my body and have the body to show off.
Well then DO it! It is fun, and like what is said above, nobody really cares, especially in a denim skirt like my Old Navy ones, just not a mini at first. Go to a very public place, like a mall or large department store away from your immediate area for your first time. You'll be pleasantly surprised!

binx
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

Remember that you are middle-aged, and don't be tempted to go out in a short mini - a woman of your age probably wouldn't do that. Get yourself a plain, straight, knee-length denim skirt; team it up man's belt, a shirt or t-shirt, denim jacket, thick socks and boots or training shoes, and stride out to face the world.
I don't see anything wrong with wearing short skirts - whatever your age. I'm 55 and I've had women come up to me in the street and tell me that they liked my (short) skirt. In my opinion, it has more to do with build - as short skirts look good on skinny people rather than on well built people - than with age.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood . . .
david30101

Post by david30101 »

ive seen alot of older women wearing minis as well. It dosnt matter with age as long as you have body for it....Like others said. I "feel" like i have body for it.
beverlonian

Post by beverlonian »

david30101 wrote:ive seen alot of older women wearing minis as well. It dosnt matter with age as long as you have body for it....Like others said. I "feel" like i have body for it.
Agreed - I've seen older women in minis who have looked stunning, and I've seen teenage girls in short skirts who looked repulsive. Age has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Joe

There are many ways to get from A to B. It's not the destination, it's the journey that counts.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

beverlonian wrote:I've seen older women in minis who have looked stunning, and I've seen teenage girls in short skirts who looked repulsive. Age has absolutely nothing to do with it.
There's also the notion of poise -- how the individual carries the garment. That will have as profound an impact on the overall look as the wearer's body type. Your average woman in her 40s and 50s will likely have had lots of practise wearing skirts; all too many 20-somethings and below don't. So, the older woman will tend to carry the look better than the younger set and will tend to look better overall even if her body-type isn't "perfect" any more.

This is also where guys that want to wear skirted garments have a lot of work to do -- they need to master the practicalities (how not to flash, &c.) and the art of carrying a skirt so it looks good and, just as importantly, looks natural. There's precisely no reason why a bloke can't wear short skirts -- not all will, but that's a matter of taste and personal preference. He just needs to know how to carry it well so as not to look silly (or worse).

As an aside, I still get a chuckle out of watching the younger set at semi-formal events (like weddings, proms, &c.) try to deal with the absolutely alien garments they're wearing. Some can carry it off; some just can't get the knack of how to move in something other than tr*users. They guys, of course, usually don't have the guts to reach for anything other than a "monkey suit", so they merely look uncomfortable. I'd like to see kilts catch on for things like proms. That might go a ways towards getting skirted garments accepted.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

Apart from when playing netball, I have never worn a skirt much above knee length, so I couldn't say whether a denim mini would be as "invisible" as a regular length obviously is. I'm a tad under six feet tall and I weigh around 16 stones and am muscular, so I'd look like some sort of Roman centurian in a short skirt.

I would be interested to know how men get on wearing a denim skirt of this length and whether you get the same experience as I get with my knee-length denims - i-e- a complete zero reaction - no different to as if you are wearing a pair of jeans. I suspect you would be far more conspicuous, but I am willing to be proved wrong.

Stu
MtnBiker
Distinguished Member

Post by MtnBiker »

Stu wrote:... a complete zero reaction - no different to as if you are wearing a pair of jeans....Stu
Stu, you often point this out but left me ask a few questions ....

Are these invisible skirts pleated? Straight? A-line? Does it matter?
Is the invisibility maintained if the skirt is long, like a pair of trouser?
Does the denim itself matter, as to color, worn-ness, etc?
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

Stu wrote:a complete zero reaction - no different to as if you are wearing a pair of jeans.
OK, so I was wearing a denim Union kilt rather than a denim skirt. We went to Tesco in Wells this afternoon. We walked across the car park to the store, in full view of a bunch of teenagers. After we'd gone round the corner to the store entrance, one of the males (the one with the loudest voice and probably smallest brain) came rushing up for a second look. Unknown to him, I'd stopped at the cash machine and so was closer to him than he'd have liked. He saw me and bellowed "He's wearing a skirt". My wife pointed out that it was a kilt, and I bawled after him "If I'd wanted to dress like a girly I'd wear jeans - just like you." Fortunately, or perhaps predictably, he was wearing jeans, as were some of the girls in the party.

When we came out, we ignored them and walked back to the car. Loud voice kept shouting to one of his friends "Oi, your boyfriend's here". I suspect one of the girls had thought the kilt was OK and he'd just ended up looking silly in front of his mates. Certainly hope so :lol:

The best bit for me was that I'd had the presence of mind to 'bite back', which he probably wasn't expecting :)

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.