Hello from Arizona

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
vtail50

Hello from Arizona

Post by vtail50 »

Just found this site and am so happy. I’m 69 and have been wearing skirts for almost 4 years. Being in hot Arizona I love miniskirts with my heeled boots and wedges. It’s great when women compliment me on my legs, lol. Just started back to church in December and have been totally welcomed even in this retirement town.
So hello to everyone
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hello from Arizona

Post by Freedomforall »

That is awesome news! Welcome to the cafe.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Welcome to Skirtcafe, vtail50. I'm just one year older than you and also go to church in skirts. Just a few people have even commented.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Welcome from a member also living an a warm arid climate. I also wear mini skirts for the same reason although my boots just have enough heel as not to slip through a stirrup (if ever rode a horse).
Looking forward to hear and see more.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
vtail50

Post by vtail50 »

Thank you all. Just started church in December and am in the new member classes. Have had numerous ladies ask me about my dress and they are all positive and supportive. I mostly get you have better fashion taste that they do. Meet with the pastor today and he said him and the Bible are fine with my dress that some people only look for the bad in the Bible instead of the good.
Most my shoes are 3-4 inch heels and I will wear them as long as life allows me. So go for it fellow skirters!
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Greetings from another "warm" place, Costa Rica, although as we live in the cloud forest, it not quite so warm as most people think; yet there are times I can enjoy short skirts, I'm often in knee to ankle length items. My parents, and both of my sisters have had "snowbird" homes in AZ so I've spent some time in Yuma and of course PHX airport in route, skirted and nary a nod to notice. Likewise, home base church activity --as pretty much all else--is skirted, and nobody says boo. Once in a while a compliment, or a rare query. I think you will hear this same song pretty much throughout the cafe.

I note you used the word "dress" in a manner that may have referred to a garment or merely being attired; there are several among us who opt for one, the other, or both -- so welcome aboard and spout your thoughts and questions, it is all good.

Pura vida,
Faldaguy