Good evening, Male Skirtwearers of The World!

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
ReverendNaughty

Good evening, Male Skirtwearers of The World!

Post by ReverendNaughty »

Hi, folks! I'm Nate, aka the Reverend Naughty. I'm 34 from just outside St. Louis, MO. I'm pretty new to wearing skirts or kilts, only got my first one in January. I have bought an actual maxi length skirt, but I haven't quite worked up the courage to be seen in public in it. I'm working on it. Anyway, Just wanted to say Hi and thanks for having me. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Good evening, Male Skirtwearers of The World!

Post by Big and Bashful »

Hi there, welcome to the cafe! I like maxi length skirts and have quite a few. I just think of them as trousers or jeans with one big leg! Not a pair of pants but a pant. I have had hardly any comments, odd looks or questions, even walking around Glasgow I get more comments when in a traditional kilts that when wearing a skirt, whether knee length or maxi length.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Good evening and welcome, Nate. I'm from Tiskilwa, about 200 miles north of you in rural Illinois. It's a conservative place, but I seem to be fully accepted wearing a skirt almost all the time. You can do it!
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

ReverendNaughty wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:51 pm Hi, folks! I'm Nate, aka the Reverend Naughty. I'm 34 from just outside St. Louis, MO. I'm pretty new to wearing skirts or kilts, only got my first one in January. I have bought an actual maxi length skirt, but I haven't quite worked up the courage to be seen in public in it. I'm working on it. Anyway, Just wanted to say Hi and thanks for having me. :)
Looking good! Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Just curious, what made you try them?
ReverendNaughty

Post by ReverendNaughty »

Hi folks! Well, thanks for the warm welcome! I do genuinely appreciate it.

Anyway, so since I posted my introduction, I just said "screw it" and wore it out to a local steakhouse. So here we go-- time for more.

To be clear, I'm officially from Alton, IL-- about 25 miles from St. Louis.

What made me start thinking about them? I've been thinking out wearing skirts for years-- but due to both not having money to experiment with my clothing choices and also not having the mental fortitude to just say "F*** it" and go for it. Then I got a decent paying job, and medical insurance, and now I have both the money to experiment with, and the anti-depressants to help me think about things clearly.

So over the past few months of setting my self straight and introspection and other big college words, I finally just said "To Hell With Normal" and bought an actual skirt, and went with it. I've also got a friend working on a skirt and a shirt dress for me. I can't wait to show them to y'all when they're finished.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Greetings from halfway across a continent to your east!

There is nowt wrong with either of those looks whatsoever!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Hi and welcome from England. Looking good.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Welcome from the coal fields of Appalachia!

Like the others have said, you won't have any problems in public. From the looks of it your overall look seems masculine and tame. I suspect you'll be a hit everywhere you go!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

From cold and windy North Texas,
:welcome:

I've been to East Alton, many years ago(circa 1968-69) when I was on a
cross-country flight, getting the time and knowledge for my pilots license.

Picked up a part for a C-175 door latch from the Cessna dealership at E. Alton.

Fun times and V E R Y long ago :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Welcome I'm Moon's wife Elsa or you can call me Liz. I'm probably the only female on the forums now but I'm very supportive to all here.

You will like it here and Welcome to the Tribe :D .
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Bikerkilt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bikerkilt »

Welcome aboard I'm from about 100 miles west of you in Missouri. Have a great day.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Heck, you are surrounded by MIS it seems. I can't claim any geographical proximity--born in corn and cow country to the NW but never in a skirt there...still diaper time then; but I managed a few out of place outfits in chi-town and I guess the Stevenson still hooks you up.

Your look seems quite comfortable and fitting -- you've gotta wear a micro tutu to get much attention so don't count on much comment from your outfit; but do enjoy the comfort. ¡que tengas éxito! from Ticolandia

Faldaguy -- hombre enagua