A "New", but yet "Old" member...

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
crfriend
Master Barista

A "New", but yet "Old" member...

Post by crfriend »

Good evening all,

It is with great pleasure I report the username change of one of our members to a new one, based on a rather profound change of name and outlook.

The asute will know who this is -- it's Jenn, who is now "Elisabetta" -- and a magnificent name that is! Her esteemed husband remains with his old moniker as it didn't expose any proper/given name anyway. By the by, her nickname (or at least the diminutive, is "Elsa") so feel free to call her that in casual conversation.

Wish the couple well as they begin to navigate a world with a new name -- and with a little bit of luck -- identity that will better suit them!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A "New", but yet "Old" member...

Post by Elisabetta »

crfriend wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:54 pm Good evening all,

It is with great pleasure I report the username change of one of our members to a new one, based on a rather profound change of name and outlook.

The asute will know who this is -- it's Jenn, who is now "Elisabetta" -- and a magnificent name that is! Her esteemed husband remains with his old moniker as it didn't expose any proper/given name anyway. By the by, her nickname (or at least the diminutive, is "Elsa") so feel free to call her that in casual conversation.

Wish the couple well as they begin to navigate a world with a new name -- and with a little bit of luck -- identity that will better suit them!
Thanks so much Carl! Lovely post! We appreciate you!

Here's to honoring a wonderful heritage.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Yay! Congratulations Liz!

Yes, folks can still just call me "Moon. As the other thread gets lost in the archives over time, regulars here will always know my name and newbies will learn it as they participate in discussions more and more.

We have a nice group here.

I don't have any weird hangups about my legal name being known. I've had a sole proprietorship under my former name, I have a mortgage, and I own real property, and now with this name change, it's pretty easy to figure it out with a little digging..

In fact my actual street address isn't hard to find, but I blanket it out anyway because... well, no reason to make it too easy... 8)

Besides, I still remember the days of the white pages, where pretty much anyone with a landline could be easily located.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

moonshadow wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:28 pm Yay! Congratulations Liz!

Yes, folks can still just call me "Moon. As the other thread gets lost in the archives over time, regulars here will always know my name and newbies will learn it as they participate in discussions more and more.

We have a nice group here.

I don't have any weird hangups about my legal name being known. I've had a sole proprietorship under my former name, I have a mortgage, and I own real property, and now with this name change, it's pretty easy to figure it out with a little digging..

In fact my actual street address isn't hard to find, but I blanket it out anyway because... well, no reason to make it too easy... 8)

Besides, I still remember the days of the white pages, where pretty much anyone with a landline could be easily located.

Thanks my love!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Well, that came out of the blue. Staggered my ghast, so to speak. It may take me a moment to get used to it. Wait, your PM. That was you. It has just clicked. I didn't know at the time. It's brought a smile at the thought. Welcome.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Sinned wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:58 am Well, that came out of the blue. Staggered my ghast, so to speak. It may take me a moment to get used to it. Wait, your PM. That was you. It has just clicked. I didn't know at the time. It's brought a smile at the thought. Welcome.
Yep the PM was from me Dennis!! I was worried about you when I hadn't seen you online in awhile. No worries! I know change takes time getting used to. You can always call me Mrs.Moon 😀
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Elisabetta wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:15 am ...You can always call me Mrs.Moon 😀
Frau Luna?
[A wonderful fantasy musical that deserves to be better known.]
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

pelmut wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:36 pm
Elisabetta wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:15 am ...You can always call me Mrs.Moon 😀
Frau Luna?
[A wonderful fantasy musical that deserves to be better known.]
Sure Why not LOL
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Heh, heh. I am really fascinated with my new aids. Joan phones me and I only have to click a button on one of them and, voila, we are connected. The acoustics aren't great for music but better than nothing. Take care of yourselves and it's nice that you have missed me. I'll try not to worry you again.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.