Hello

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Fear i Sciorta Dubh

Hello

Post by Fear i Sciorta Dubh »

Hi there

I am in my early 60’s and I’ve been a bit of a lurker on this site over the past few years but finally decided I should sign up.

For as long as I can remember I have had a bit of a fetish for black pencil skirts especially when worn with tights and high heels on women. I worked in the HQ of a large financial organisation so I encountered plenty of women on a daily basis in work who fitted my ideal look. As a result of my fetish, I always encouraged my wife to dress in this way and while she was willing especially in private, she wasn’t as keen to wear day to day.

About 14 years ago while on holiday in Sorrento, we were on a night out for a meal and on our return to our hotel i was obviously going on about her wearing a black skirt when she threw one to me and said “Here you wear it!” The skirt had an elasticated waist, was of midi length and in a slinky material and so I slipped it on and it fitted fine. Wow what a feeling! It felt so good. And from that point on I was hooked.

I have been wearing skirts ever since (almost exclusively black straight styles) and have also added tights and stiletto heels to my look. And all of these with my wife’s full blessing. In fact she enjoys and indeed encourages me to dress up although it is strictly around the house only. And to be honest I am happy with that as I have no desire to meet up with anyone I know thus attired. It is our little secret and adds a certain frisson to our relationship.

All of my skirts (I probably have about 20), tights and shoes were bought in collaboration with my wife, some in-store and some online.

I am 100% heterosexual and have absolutely no desire to present as a woman in any circumstance. I am simply a man who enjoys the feeling of wearing a skirt and I feel the whole look is enhanced by the addition of tights and heels.

That’s my story. Hopefully I will contribute to discussions from time to time in the future.
ScotL
Chatbot

Re: Hello

Post by ScotL »

Welcome! And congrats on having an awesome wife who supports you in this.

Funny start to wearing. You’re initial reaction was mine too when I first out on my wife’s old skirt. It was one she didn’t care much about and was left around one day when I was lounging around in a towel not wanting to get dressed.

Thought ain’t a skirt just a towel that’s allowed to be worn in public? Helped that it was made out of jersey like material.
BFTights

Post by BFTights »

You are very lucky to have such a supportive wife. are not tempted at all to go out in public?
Fear i Sciorta Dubh

Hi BFTights

No I’ve no real desire to go out skirted and certainly not in my own locality. I just enjoy the feeling I get while wearing a skirt (the feeling of freedom while moving around, the feel of the material on my legs etc.)

While my wife is happy for me to wear a skirt at home and actively encourages it at times, she would not be too keen on me going out and about in case we bumped into someone we know. And I fully respect that. Like I say it’s our little secret.
chilpaul

Post by chilpaul »

Oh Wow!

what a story and what a very lucky man to have such a supportive wife.

I myself can identify with much of what you like, apart from the heels, not my thing at all

Welcome to the cafe, I'm glad you have finally plucked up ghe courage to join and thanks for sharing your story
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:welcome:
And a big hello from myself. Happy to have you aboard.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Fear i Sciorta Dubh

By the way I probably should have explained my username ‘Fear i Sciorta Dubh’. Some may have thought it had something to do with ‘fear’, as in fear of the consequences of wearing a skirt. But nothing of the sort. It is simply’Man in a Black Skirt’ in the Irish language (or as Gaeilge).
Fear i Sciorta Dubh

Oh and I should of course, have said thanks for the replies and the welcomes.
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

Very interesting read and note why you wish to keep skirt wearing at home.

In time you may reflect and if you do it is not difficult. First step may be and with regards others do they consider you with their choices. When I told those within my life circle two objected and I just told them to go. Funnily enough they maintained contact!

Not everybody will accept it, its their choice too, but then everybody has an issue with others. As one of the many quotes on my web site states, no one is perfect in the eyes of another.

In the meantime do what you prefer and if that is within home, so be it.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

loraline4 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:18 pm Hello everyone, how are you doing?
Welcome!! Alls well, glad you joined.
Fear i Sciorta Dubh

Hi Loraline4

Hope all good with you.

On holiday in Cape Cod at present. Weather here today was pretty awful especially this morning so spent most of the day lounging around the apartment in a skirt. So much more comfy than trousers! Wife wore a comfy skirt as well. We were supposed to travel around a bit but weather put us off. Pretty good alternative mind.

Heading to Boston tomorrow. Weather to be much better. Then onto NYC and then home.
Jerevo

Post by Jerevo »

Fear i Sciorta Dubh wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:28 pm By the way I probably should have explained my username ‘Fear i Sciorta Dubh’. Some may have thought it had something to do with ‘fear’, as in fear of the consequences of wearing a skirt. But nothing of the sort. It is simply’Man in a Black Skirt’ in the Irish language (or as Gaeilge).
Your username neatly exhausts my Irish vocabulary, so no confusion here :-D