Greetings fellow skirt wearers

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Lower_limb_liberty

Greetings fellow skirt wearers

Post by Lower_limb_liberty »

Hello,

I'm new to this message board and just though I should say hi.

Last year I got married in a kilt, my first foray into the world of non bifurcated leg wear. This year, with the scorching weather we've had (North West UK) I thought a skirt might be the sensible option.

A few weeks ago I was out for a walk with my wife, I had just bought myself a "man bag" (sick of too much in my pockets) and I asked her if she was embarrassed to be seen with me carrying it. She replied I wouldn't care if you wore a skirt! So, without telling her I ordered myself a cheapish item advertised on Amazon as a mans skirt. When it arrived I popped it on and went to pick her up from work, it took her about 10 minutes to notice my new attire and she was quite surprised.

Since then I've been shopping on ebay and purchased a couple of above the knee length denim skirts. She doesn't know yet and I'm not sure I'll have the confidence to wear them out and about in my home town, but I plan to surprise her again after work. I hope I get a good response... fingers crossed!
SkaterSkirtWearer

Re: Greetings fellow skirt wearers

Post by SkaterSkirtWearer »

Welcome, I am still trying to build the confidence to wear my skirts in public, however living in a small town everyone knows each other and as you can imagine stuff gets around. I am glad you have a supportive partner as I am not even sure my family support it (they probably know anyway), I seriously would say just buy the skirts and see what happens.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Welcome L3, well looks like your wife is supportive but still take baby steps. If you take things too quickly she is just as liable to change her mind. Enjoy the journey.

SSW, go to a place away from where you live. The next town or city. No-one will know you there and it will build your confidence.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Lower_limb_liberty wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:19 am Hello,

Last year I got married in a kilt, my first foray into the world of non bifurcated leg wear. This year, with the scorching weather we've had (North West UK) I thought a skirt might be the sensible option.

A few weeks ago I was out for a walk with my wife, I had just bought myself a "man bag" (sick of too much in my pockets) and I asked her if she was embarrassed to be seen with me carrying it. She replied I wouldn't care if you wore a skirt! So, without telling her I ordered myself a cheapish item advertised on Amazon as a mans skirt. When it arrived I popped it on and went to pick her up from work, it took her about 10 minutes to notice my new attire and she was quite surprised.

Since then I've been shopping on ebay and purchased a couple of above the knee length denim skirts. She doesn't know yet and I'm not sure I'll have the confidence to wear them out and about in my home town, but I plan to surprise her again after work. I hope I get a good response... fingers crossed!
Welcome! I’m new here also but I can tell you that marital bliss will come when you don’t lose focus on her for skirts. Make sure she’s always the light of your life and she will be happy. Happy wife, happy (skirted) life
maninafrock

Post by maninafrock »

Try and involve your wife in your skirt buying.Ask her to take you to one of the High Street stores and pick something for you. Like myself, you have a supportive wife. Show her how much you appreciate her and her opinion.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

maninafrock wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:39 pm Try and involve your wife in your skirt buying.Ask her to take you to one of the High Street stores and pick something for you. Like myself, you have a supportive wife. Show her how much you appreciate her and her opinion.
Wouldn’t hurt to buy her something too. Just saying
Lower_limb_liberty

ScotL
> Wouldn’t hurt to buy her something too. Just saying

I never stop buying her stuff, it was her birthday a couple of weeks ago and I almost bankrupt! Thats why I've been skirt shopping on ebay :lol:
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Lower_limb_liberty wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:19 am Hello,

Hi, North West UK? does that mean a Scottish bit? the Wet coast maybe? you just missed our meet in Glasgow, pity really, it was just the three of us. Anyway, welcome! from the shores of Loch Long.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Lower_limb_liberty

Big and Bashful wrote:
> [quote=Lower_limb_liberty post_id=238757 time=1662265164 user_id=45494]
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to this message board and just though I should say hi.
>
> Last year I got married in a kilt, my first foray into the world of non
> bifurcated leg wear. This year, with the scorching weather we've had (North
> West UK) I thought a skirt might be the sensible option.
>
> A few weeks ago I was out for a walk with my wife, I had just bought myself
> a "man bag" (sick of too much in my pockets) and I asked her if
> she was embarrassed to be seen with me carrying it. She replied I wouldn't
> care if you wore a skirt! So, without telling her I ordered myself a
> cheapish item advertised on Amazon as a mans skirt. When it arrived I
> popped it on and went to pick her up from work, it took her about 10
> minutes to notice my new attire and she was quite surprised.
>
> Since then I've been shopping on ebay and purchased a couple of above the
> knee length denim skirts. She doesn't know yet and I'm not sure I'll have
> the confidence to wear them out and about in my home town, but I plan to
> surprise her again after work. I hope I get a good response... fingers
> crossed!
> [/quote]
> Hi, North West UK? does that mean a Scottish bit? the Wet coast maybe? you
> just missed our meet in Glasgow, pity really, it was just the three of us.
> Anyway, welcome! from the shores of Loch Long.

Sorry B&B, I suppose I should have said north west England... though I was in the Highlands in July, I have family near Falkirk.

Anyway, tonight I took a big step. I surprised my wife by picking her up from work in a denim mini skirt. Fortunately for me, by wearing it on my hips it was not far above my knees. I dropped her off at the gym and went home.

When I went back to collect her from the gym she said she wanted to run into the supermarket, I said "why, are you ashamed to be seen with me in a skirt" she replied "no, why should I?"

We ended up going into our local supermarket and doing a full shop, all with me in a mini skirt :D

There were no comments though I'm sure there must have been a few funny looks :lol:
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

Welcome to the forum from a very casual and adhoc participating member.

Interesting read and pleased to hear your wife is encouraging. I too have a supportive wife.

Hope you do, and your wife is supporting too, that you can get the confidence to go out in public including locally.

The first step is the hardest but once done the confidence boost is self building. The vast majority of society just let life go on. A few will look, some may comment but freedom of choice, expression and individuality apply to all not just the female sex. I went public 12 years ago, yes very conscious initially but it soon goes. I am active in female labelled clothes, not heels or makeup, in all aspects of life, even fell walking in the right conditions.

Denim and male style skirts will be easier.

Good luck.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.