Hi All

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hi All

Post by denimini »

I think the top in the top photo looks a bit long but the second pic looks great.
People rarely stare, except the rude or those with a mental health problem. Many will give a glance, as it is unusual to see a man in a skirt, but with no malice.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Hi,
As another low profile skirter in Scotland I bid you welcome! I don't skirt around family or most of my mates, mainly because I don't want to put my few friendships to the test! I have worn a denim skirt around my village a few times and when at home I am always skirted. I get all bifurcated for work and most of the time when out and about in the local area. At work they know I wear skirts and I know that is a bit of a talking point.
When I am heading off on a long journey I will stick on a comfortable skirt, normally a denim skirt, knee length or longer, I haven't plucked up the courage to wear one of my current favourites, Navy blue skater skirts, incredibly comfortable but no pockets and very unruly in a breeze!
Any way, welcome!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Hello Maninafrock,

Welcome to the Skirt Cafe!

If and when you run into my posts you'll learn that nearly everything I wear originated in the Women's Department and that my go-to category is dresses. I own more of those than probably any 2 or 3 women that you know. But then as a female friend of mine the great thing about dresses is that "They are so damn comfortable!"

Of course, it helps that I'm 3 for 3, married and divorced 3 times. Then again, so is my latest ex-.

I'm looking forward to your posts.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

Hi Maninafrock and welcome. I have only just seen these posts as I rarely venture into the Intro section. I live in the Highlands and own a number of dresses that would be shockingly high in a woman. In my defence I spend most of my time in one and am currently working from home in a dress (camera on laptop blocked off).

In public I tend to either dress completely as a woman (without ever identifying as one - it is all for fun) or wear a skirt as a man. I have worn a dress as a man a few times and have even gone to Tesco in Elgin as a man in a dress. Zero reaction. I have wandered around the borders as a man in a skirt again with no reaction, including a shopping trip at the Gretna outlet.

I have had a couple of people say "Wow" but in a good way. The only negative reaction was from a woman who owns a shop in Auchterarder (Labels for Less). I was wearing a maxi skirt, male white shirt and head scarf tied at the back of my head. She looked me up and down witheringly and shook her head but didn't say anything. Apparently she did not single me out for this treatment - she was rude to everyone - and her shop is no more. All the other shop owners in Auchterarder are lovely.
maninafrock

Post by maninafrock »

thanks for the welcome Rivegauche. I wear a dress full time now. Have no desire to appear feminine - quite happy to be a man in a frock. Have posted some pics in another thread, under Skirts and Kilts - "short break". Some of them may look like I'm wearing a skirt but they are dresses with a suitable jumper as a top. Here's another couple. It never ceases to amaze me just how little reaction I get to what I am wearing!
Jackie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mountain

Re: Hi All Mountain man hear.

Post by Mountain »

Hi all I'm an older man and I just love wearing skirts it's so libberating and comfortable I wish I had done it years ago . Mini skirts are my favourite and I have some. I was a bit worried wearing them at first but now it just feels natural. :
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hi All Mountain man hear.

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Mountain wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:10 am Hi all I'm an older man and I just love wearing skirts it's so libberating and comfortable I wish I had done it years ago . Mini skirts are my favourite and I have some. I was a bit worried wearing them at first but now it just feels natural. :
Welcome Mountain Man to the Cafe. I am a much older man (80) and have been wearing skirts now for more than 10 years. I fully agree with you on the comfort and liberating feel of skirts. I too wish I had started wearing them when I was much younger.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Hola Mountain Man,

I see you joined up a month ago, I hope you've had some time to peruse the site and find some places to join in the chat. In the sense that I live on a mountain, I guess I can claim some of the same image, and my closet also contains a number of mini-skirts but they don't get the wearing I'd like given the mountain comes with rather cool breezes despite our southern latitude! Anyway, looking forward to more posts from you -- welcome aboard.