Greetings and Salutations

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Christopher

Greetings and Salutations

Post by Christopher »

I wanted to say hello properly before diving into the community.

My wife and I have been discussing fashion, clothing, and societal norms for quite some time, and we've both come to the conclusion that it's all a lot of nonsense. Long story short, I'm about to embark on the "skirted male" adventure that I see has been embraced in this community. For the record, I not only have her full support and encouragement, but her active participation. She's pretty amazing. I'm not suggesting that I'm going full on in every day life, mind you. But there will be some experimental "sampling runs" here and there to get used to the idea. We're wading into the shallow side of the pool as it were. We'll see where it all goes.

Still, at the end of the day, it's just clothing. And my to be frank, the cargo shorts I typically wear aren't quite as long as the skirt I'm planning to wear when we go out for this little experiment. So what's the big deal?

It's all very invigorating, is it not?

At any rate, greetings all.

And away we go...

cs
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Greetings and Salutations

Post by denimini »

Welcome and yes, it is just clothing choice. It is good that your wife is in on the act as some here are not so lucky.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Paul

Post by Paul »

Welcome Christopher to the cafe, may you have many trips out skirted, you are one of the few men who has a supportive wife, you are so lucky.
You will find that the more times you venture out it will become easier and more enjoyable.
Always happy when wearing a skirt.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:welcome:
Hi Christopher,
I must say you are so lucky to have a wife that is on board with you. I think you will find as most of us here have that it is no longer a big deal to see men in skirts. I have now been wearing skirts and dresses for at least 9 years now and in all that time I have had only 2 comments from the great unwashed.
So go for it!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
trainspotter48
Member Extraordinaire

Post by trainspotter48 »

Hi, Christopher,

Nice to hear you've started the journey, and with spousal assistance!

It would be nice to know which corner of the universe you inhabit, because as you will gather, we're all over the globe.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

I bring greetings from the Land of Falwell…ugh. Well, I’m in close enough proximity that it’s as good a reference point as any.

Regardless, thanks for the warm welcome messages, fellas! It’s nice to find like-minded people out there. I was going to start a blog, but decided to just journal it instead. That way I can be less cagey about names and such, and be less concerned about cohesion. Tripping across this forum is going to be a major bonus.

I’m looking forward to comparing my insights with your collective experiences. I’m looking forward to having my own experiences and gaining new insights.

…this is starting to sound like “You got your chocolate in my peanut butter!” so probably I will just leave it at “thanks, gang!”

cs
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Christopher,

You've lost me. Land of Falwell??

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Kirbstone wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:09 pmYou've lost me. Land of Falwell??
Most likely "Jerry" -- a US "televangelist" of some notoriety.

Thus locating our new member within a few thousand square miles of territory, probably south of the Mason-Dixon line. At least his wife/SO is on-board with things -- that's highly unusual. He's a very lucky bloke!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

He is a lucky bloke. :wink:

I’m in the Central Virginia (US) area, to be more specific.

And my wife is amazing. I’m lucky for more reasons than this, I assure you. But I’m truly sorry that this (spousal support/encouragement/engagement) is an uncommon occurrence, though. It’s just clothes. *sigh*

We were discussing how rough the past couple of years have been and that we deserve to live a little. This isn’t much. But it’s going to most definitely be an adventure.

So here’s to more choices than Levis and nerdy t-shirts.

cs
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Thanks, Christopher.

Being a flat-Earther, I have a clear view of you just South of West from here. You're not far from Moonshadow & Jenn, I reckon. It would appear that Gerry Falwell's fame hasn't penetrated our neck-o'-the-woods yet.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Welcome aboard. Always good to have more voices heard here; skirts on guys seen on the street; and more spouses in support. It is a strange phenomenon that so many women profess to supporting the notion of men wearing skirts (except "their man"). I too am one of the lucky ones with support, even advise and skirt "swapping" -- mostly it is she snags something I bring home that she likes, I may get something offered in exchange...but usually I just have to appreciate it on her and go buy another skirt for myself. Given I am prone to the thrift shop for my horde, it is not a costly deal and I usually get at least two or three to replace the one she snatched...so it works out well! :D

I doubt you will have much of anything but the occasional compliment. We have been stuck in the US now for 8 months due to medical needs of my parents and ourselves and I only brought one pair of pant (I'm not sure why) and they have not left the suitcase yet -- life is just fine, normal for me, skirted wherever and whenever. It is comfortable and fun to make folks 'think' a bit once in a while. Enjoy...share your adventures, here and wherever it suits.

Pura Vida
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Lynchburg Virginia.... I know the area well.

Welcome from a Bedford County native.

I've not skirted much in your location other than a few jaunts along the parkway. I hiked the Peaks of Otter in a black Macabi once and had nothing but positive experiences.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Welcome Christopher! I wish you many hours of freedom to wear whatever you like. I used to spend far too much time here,. Lately I have dropped in only rarely, but it's always good to see new members and I look forward to reading about how it goes for you. With the support of your spouse it should be easy and fun.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
realm_walker

Post by realm_walker »

I am writing this wearing my new skort made of cotton jersey material. I live alone and thought this would be a comfortable item to wear around the house. It is indeed very comfortable, so much more than I expected. I have a balcony above the pool in my complex and fully intend to wear this out on the balcony. I am not thinking of wearing it out in public, except perhaps while camping. It feels liberatingly good. :D
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

realm_walker wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:28 am I am writing this wearing my new skort made of cotton jersey material.... I am not thinking of wearing it out in public, except perhaps while camping.
Go on, I dare you!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair