Heckno from Flag, AZ

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Heckno

Heckno from Flag, AZ

Post by Heckno »

Hello Skirt Café!
I'm Heckno from Flagstaff, Arizona, USA. I'm 41, fair-skinned, male. I have been wearing skirts exclusively since August 2020.
I registered here not long after discovering SC thanks to an article I came across when I googled "men in skirts".
That article:
https://www.mic.com/articles/141814/sor ... ear-skirts

I'm thinking I'd like to share my personal journey to skirtdom at length. Would this thread, er, topic be the best place for that? It's probably been more than a decade since I last participated in a forum. I read the FAQs and have poked about for the past day or so. But, yeah, if there's a better spot for sharing my personal history related to the wearing of skirts, please let me know. If there isn't; if this is the best place, please let me know that instead.

Nick AKA Heckno
'Cause when I DJ, I'll probably play something that'll make you say, "Aw, heck no!" Like The Ventures doing the MASH theme in a "cop show funk" style.
Uncle Al

Re: Heckno from Flag, AZ

Post by Uncle Al »

Hi and :welcome:

Once you get passed the minimum posting requirements, I'ld
suggest placing your story in the "Personal Stories" section.

Have fun, just don't pour coffee into the potted palm ;)
It takes water only :D So, grab a cup, find a seat and
enjoy the conversation :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Sure, we' would love to hear your journey to here and your opinions and reasons for trying skirts. You don't have to reveal everything at once in one huge missive. Bits at a time are more likely to be read and commented on. Welcome here and the more you contribute the more you will get out of your time here. Don't be afraid to ask questions - the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Heckno

Post by Heckno »

Sinned wrote:
> You don't have to reveal everything at once in
> one huge missive. Bits at a time are more likely to be read and commented
> on.

That sounds like a very good tip! Thank you.

As for minimum posting requirements, I feel like I saw those briefly when I registered, but I can't seem to find them now. I'd like a reminder of what those are.

I can't seem to find the Personal Stories section either. Is that something I can only access after fulfilling some of those aforementioned minimum posting requirements?
'Cause when I DJ, I'll probably play something that'll make you say, "Aw, heck no!" Like The Ventures doing the MASH theme in a "cop show funk" style.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Heckno wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:57 amAs for minimum posting requirements, I feel like I saw those briefly when I registered, but I can't seem to find them now. I'd like a reminder of what those are.
The first few posts require manual intervention and approval by a member of the moderation staff. This is purely an anti-spam stance and in no way is intended to be disrespectful.
I can't seem to find the Personal Stories section either. Is that something I can only access after fulfilling some of those aforementioned minimum posting requirements?
That'll appear fairly shortly once you're clear of the initial hurdles. It won't be long. The reasoning behind that is that we don't particularly want personal stories and the like to be leaking out to casual browsers, not to mention search-engines and assorted robots.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Heckno

Post by Heckno »

Okay then, I can dig that. I'll get on with some reading and coming up with things to say! :shock: I'm very introverted, but probably less so on the internet. I can do this!
Heckno

Post by Heckno »

So, I have a lot to say about converting jeans and chinos into skirts. A little searching in the Sewing section shows this is hardly a new subject. However the threads I find are all pretty old. Would it be better for me to bump an old thread on the subject or start a new one? In either case should I wait to get started on that until after I'm-- let's say "settled in"?
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

If you want to open up an old post no problems, but personally I would just start a new one that is all you and what you like to do as far as sewing goes.

Just remember one thing be your self and show others that self and they will respond in kind.

SO---- :welcome:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Heckno

Post by Heckno »

Excellent! Thanks for the encouragement Fred.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

No problem with that look. T - check, denim skirt - check, flip flops - check = invisible regalia. Not noticed by the masses.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Hi Heckno, is that skirt purple or is my screen acting funny? Purple is the best colour bar none, so if it is purple you get 10 bonus points!

And welcome to the café! With that sort of look you should be right at home here. T shirt and denim is exactly the same as every other man wears ... nearly!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I assumed that it was the usual denim blue and it was the angle of the reflected light that was playing silly-b*gg*rs with the camera.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

I'd go for the purple. Great look. Hope the transition from jeans to that is simple indeed, as are my skills, but would like to pull it off.

Welcome aboard,
from Ticolandia (Costa Rica)
New-in-Skirts

Post by New-in-Skirts »

Welcome Heckno enjoy your skirts and enjoy the forum
Heckno

Post by Heckno »

Wow! I really fell off the map there. My apologies! Here y'all are showing an interest and I just disappeared.
My excuse is that my life was pretty busy at the time and I realized I didn't have enough free time or mental energy to keep up with the things I wanted to do here. What I didn't realize is that I'd left questions hanging from the same day I'd last posted! Again, my apologies.

Indeed, the skirt is purple. I found a few pairs of genuine Levi's 501s(!) in some interesting colors on ebay and bought them to make skirts. I unfortunately found that denim feels too unbreathable to wear in warm weather! I wish I'd made them about 5 inches longer and I'd be wearing them now. As they are, they're too stifling for summer and too short winter. Oops.