Sarong for men

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
CufflinkGuru

Sarong for men

Post by CufflinkGuru »

hey guys I'm new here :)
I found this forum when I am searching for a community to get ideas to improve an article recently published in my blog. When I look at the content discussed here it feels very much like I'm in the right place :) however, as I'm a new member I am not sure if it's okay to put a link in this post. If it's not okay to put a link moderators may remove the link but please keep this post so if anyone would like to read my post they could comment here. Then I'll send you the blog link ( via message or email? ). btw my Gmail is cufflinkgurupro@gmail.com if anyone would like to reach me directly via email :) Thank you very much guys hope I didn't violate any forum rules :wink:

https://cufflinkguru.com/sarong-for-men
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sarong for men

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Thank-you for the post to the blog. I own several lungi longyi s . I'm not sure if there's a singular, plural proper way of spelling of the word.
To the best of my knowledge all of mine (ordered off of eBay) were imported from Myanmar.
Nice light weight and very versatile. Great for lounging around.
The only drawback is lack of pockets, and elastic or ties for added security from falling down.
When tied well, it's not much of a problem.

Thank you for the very informative page, alot of Good pictures and information.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
CufflinkGuru

Post by CufflinkGuru »

mishawakaskirt wrote:
> Thank-you for the post to the blog. I own several lungi longyi s . I'm not
> sure if there's a singular, plural proper way of spelling of the word.
> To the best of my knowledge all of mine (ordered off of eBay) were imported
> from Myanmar.
> Nice light weight and very versatile. Great for lounging around.
> The only drawback is lack of pockets, and elastic or ties for added
> security from falling down.
> When tied well, it's not much of a problem.
>
> Thank you for the very informative page, alot of Good pictures and
> information.

Hi mishawakaskirt
Thank you very much for sharing your opinion/knowledge of Sarongs. In my research for this article, I found that the Longyi from Burma is very colorful. If you don't mind could you post a few pics of yours? :wink:
About pockets, I saw some people on the beach use the Longyi shorts trick to make a huge pocket out of Sarong so they can carry kilograms in it :wink: I think that's the biggest pocket I have ever seen lol
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Hi CufflinkGuru, welcome to the Cafe. I wear sarongs almost exclusively when I'm on holiday in the sun. Only I wear them folded longways so that the hem is knee or higher. So the effect is of a short skirt. The only time I wore it longer was one day or two after I got a little too much sun on my legs. I once had to return from holiday in a sarong. I deliberately took only one pair of trousers that were a bit tight on the waistband and when I put on a little weight on holiday I couldn't fasten the waistband. My wife moaned but there was really nothing she could do about it. It was interesting to watch how airport security approached "patting me down" to do the personal search!!!!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
CufflinkGuru

Post by CufflinkGuru »

mishawakaskirt wrote:
> Thank-you for the post to the blog. I own several lungi longyi s . I'm not
> sure if there's a singular, plural proper way of spelling of the word.
> To the best of my knowledge all of mine (ordered off of eBay) were imported
> from Myanmar.
> Nice light weight and very versatile. Great for lounging around.
> The only drawback is lack of pockets, and elastic or ties for added
> security from falling down.
> When tied well, it's not much of a problem.
>
> Thank you for the very informative page, alot of Good pictures and
> information.

I have updated the article with your point. Thank you very much for pointing out the importance of pockets in a sarong when I have almost forgotten that :wink:
CufflinkGuru

Post by CufflinkGuru »

Sinned wrote:
> Hi CufflinkGuru, welcome to the Cafe. I wear sarongs almost exclusively
> when I'm on holiday in the sun. Only I wear them folded longways so that
> the hem is knee or higher. So the effect is of a short skirt. The only
> time I wore it longer was one day or two after I got a little too much sun
> on my legs. I once had to return from holiday in a sarong. I deliberately
> took only one pair of trousers that were a bit tight on the waistband and
> when I put on a little weight on holiday I couldn't fasten the waistband.
> My wife moaned but there was really nothing she could do about it. It was
> interesting to watch how airport security approached "patting me
> down" to do the personal search!!!!

Hi Sinned
Thank you very much for sharing your opinion/knowledge of Sarongs. It's another advantage of a sarong that it is very adjustable in your waist. I think I should mention that in the article as well :wink:
I could imagine the reactions of the airport security while they are approaching ya :lol: but I'm sure they were gentle while patting you down :wink:
Paul

Post by Paul »

Well I’m off to Lanzarote this weekend for a week’s holiday, and I’ve packed 10 sarongs to wear each day around our hotel and area. I sometimes get the odd second glance but up to now not a single negative comment, plus it’s the only time I’m able to wear them in public whilst with MOH. Looking forward to the week immensely.
Always happy when wearing a skirt.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Oh you'll be ok there - it's all I wear on holiday - I don't bother packing shorts or trousers. In the outward and inward journeys I wear trousers - the only time. Once I took a pair that were tight around the waist and the calorie intake on the holiday meant that they wouldn't fit on the way back so I returned in a sarong. I fold the sarongs lengthways so the it looks like a knee-length skirt rather than an ankle length one.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

From an Australian site:

https://saronghut.com.au/collections/men

I have one of their Luxe sarongs and one of the other sarongs, the quality is very good, and they feel good.
My wife likes it when I wear if a bit shorter, say folded nearly in half...
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

6ft3Aussie wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:19 am https://saronghut.com.au/collections/men

I have one of their Luxe sarongs and one of the other sarongs, the quality is very good, and they feel good.
Drat :!:
They're SOLD OUT in all items but 2 women's sarongs. :(

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Uncle Al wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:54 am
6ft3Aussie wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:19 am https://saronghut.com.au/collections/men

Drat :!:
They're SOLD OUT in all items but 2 women's sarongs. :(

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Other than the way they are showing them tied, and the pattern, what's the difference? It's a piece of fabric you wrap around your waist.... Are the "men's" thicker fabric, bigger pieces, or what?
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I preferred the women's sarongs - much more colourful.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Sarongs were my introduction to skirts and kilts a little over a year ago...looking for something to cover up with around the pool and my wife approved and...now I'm a serial-kilter. ;)
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bodycon »

I have no experience of Sarongs, what is the difference between a male orientated sarong and a female orientated Sarong?
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Bodycon wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:02 pm I have no experience of Sarongs, what is the difference between a male orientated sarong and a female orientated Sarong?
If you buy one at random there is a 50% chance it sarong one.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.