Skirts

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
russ272

Skirts

Post by russ272 »

I have lurked and read long enough,,,,want to make introductions....Russ..here,,,,I have wanted to wear skirts for some time...not as a cross dresser....but for the comfort...that shorts/pants do not offer. Up till now I have only worn bath wraps...out on short errands....tried a utility kilt...but was surprisingly uncomfortable....so I am now determined to find true skirts to wear.....help and suggestions are welcomed....

over looked info....I am in Oklahoma....would like to know if other "Okies" are here
Last edited by russ272 on Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirts

Post by oldsalt1 »

not sure what country but if US go to KOHLS on line very nice assortment of denim skirts reasonable prices. I think a denim skirt is your perfect starting point
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Welcome Russ. Yes, denim is a good starting point. Also I found that I tried many types and lengths before settling on some style that I was happy with. To do this experimental stage cheaply I bought heaps of skirts from charity shops so anything that was not suitable I could afford to donate to another shop. Take a tape measure with you as the waist measurement is the main dimension whether it fits or not.
Good luck and have fun.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Welcome Russ! Start with denim, knee-length is probably best unless the weather is too hot, in which case you could go 3 or 4 inches shorter. Whatever you feel is comfortable and pleasing to the eye. If you're happy with that, congratulations and welcome to the world of men's skirts! If you want to be a bit more adventurous, congratulations and welcome to the world of men's skirts!

Do let us know how you get on. If it's not easy at first, stick at it.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I second that motion. Just jot it down in the minutes......Knee-length Denim or a bit shorter is the way to go. Your call whether to go pencil, straight, A-line or flared. Pockets are always useful, but not essential if you wear a jacket or carry a bag of sorts.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Irrespective of what colour. length, material, pattern or style of skirt you wear the most important aspects are attitude and confidence. If you go out owning the look with head held high then you'll be accepted. If you are embarrassed, fearful then others will pick up on that. Welcome to a very interesting journey.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Welcome!

While I'm a big advocate for utility kilts, some of the cheap ones especially are truly awful. I've bought a few that never see the light of day because they are nearly unwearable.

I never do the denim shorts thing anymore (and almost no jeans) so the denim skirts I usually pass on as well. If I were you, I'd think about what fabrics and colors you like to wear shorts (or pants) in, and try to find similar fabric skirts. For me that's a lot of khaki, black, and grey, plus athletic stuff in blue. Dull, sure, but when I buy other stuff, it tends to sit in the back of the closet, unworn.
KiltedintheValley

Post by KiltedintheValley »

Welcome to the Cafe!

A good place to look for your first skirt(s) is any thrift store. All of my skirts have come from Goodwill or Plato's Closet. Denim is a good place to start. Even in the summer, a knee-length denim skirt is far more comfortable than any pair of shorts :D

Happy skirting!
"Be weird. Be random. Be who you are, because you never know who would love the person you hide." - Alan Watts

Life is too short to talk yourself out of wearing what you want because “I can’t pull off that look”.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:welcome:

Welcome to the only place where you will find friendly banter about skirts and the worlds view of us.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.