Newbie from Devon

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
ChrisJD

Newbie from Devon

Post by ChrisJD »

Hi All,
Just moved to north west Devon from Dunstable. Not trying to be femme but really like wearing female clothes (particularly skirts and tights, and in most cases find them more comfortable. Occasionally wear utility style kilts in public, hiking and festivals usually, and a ripskirt when getting changed on the beach. Slowly summoning up more courage to wear them more often though. Don’t know why it’s taken me so long to find this site!
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Newbie from Devon

Post by victor1964 »

Welcome to the cafe Chris.

We love north Devon and holiday there most years...

As many members will testify it gets easier the more you do it, confidence is the trick, head held high and just own it!

Take you time, find your own style and enjoy.

This site has a wealth of posts on most topics that may answer any questions on your journey, we are a friendly bunch with a common interest.

Vic
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

Welcome ChrisJD

Wear your skirt with pride.
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:welcome:

A warm welcome to the Cafe Chris
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

And a welcome from the other side of the globe. Seems it is a time of much distraction for all of us; but I doubt skirts are one of them, as they are pretty much a constant here. Meantime, wander around this site and you'll find a lot of useful info, some useless or unrelated -- we are normal--, insights and plenty of support. The real key seems to be do what feels good to you, with confidence -- "own it" when you are out there in public, especially in the beginning before it become second nature for you. And if you cross that big pond --the UK is one of our larger tourists sources -- know you can enjoy your skirts here from one end of the country to the other with ease and comfort.

Pura Vida :D
ChrisJD

Post by ChrisJD »

Thanks for the welcome guys :D
johnb
Member Extraordinaire

Post by johnb »

Welcome to the site Chris.
KiltedintheValley

Post by KiltedintheValley »

I extend a warm welcome from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley!
"Be weird. Be random. Be who you are, because you never know who would love the person you hide." - Alan Watts

Life is too short to talk yourself out of wearing what you want because “I can’t pull off that look”.
miloshlavka
Distinguished Member

Post by miloshlavka »

Greetings and welcome from Nový Knín, Central Bohemia.

Miloš
Everyone should be honest and prudent: to keep promises and, on principle, never to promise anything to anyone.
Sorry for my English. I try not to make spelling mistakes, but for this reason my writing is very slow.

Miloš H., Nový Knín, Central Bohemia
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

:welcome:
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Chris,
I couldn't let that international welcome go without adding an Irish one. I have a raft of cousins & extended family resident in Devon & round about there. Bude remains a favourite watering hole and family assembly place.

Nice neck-o'-the woods, N. Devon.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !