Greetings from East Northamptonshire

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
andyinaskirt

Greetings from East Northamptonshire

Post by andyinaskirt »

Hi. I've been lurking for a little while now but decided I'd introduce myself. I am no stranger to unbirfurcated clothing having occasionally cross-dressed for 25 years but I have now acquired some utility kilts and been seen out by most of my neighbours now.
Most people aren't bothered by it.
In fact one of the ladies serving at the local shop has had a lovely smile whenever I go in wearing one of my kilts.
Here is a picture of me having a can chatting to the neighbours (suitably socially distanced) over the garden fence.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Greetings from East Northamptonshire

Post by crfriend »

Welcome Andy. I see we have another who likes purple. The world needs more of it!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
andyinaskirt

Post by andyinaskirt »

I was a bit hesitant to wear it but sone of my neighbours thought it looked great. :D

I'd just like to add I have spent my first day without wearing any trousers at all (that's pants to those across the pond).
2 more days off to go before I am back at work and I intend to wear one or other of my kilts exclusively until Saturday. :D
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:welcome:
Welcome Andy
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

A big hello Andy from the frozen north of Lancashire and the Night Watch. It’s nice to have some young blood I myself have only been on board for 6 months or so but find the discussion lively and stimulating. Is that Holstein Pils you’re drinking, or are you just pleased to be here?
:roll:
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Greetings, Andy. I love the colour of the skirt. I love purple as well. You'll find this a great place to be. Yes, we have our moments but if you get more than two people in the same place then you'll get disagreements. You'll find that the more input you have to posts the more you'll get out. The "most people just don't care" is a common theme. There are certainly more outlandish things out there than a man in a skirt. And for these hot days a skirt is so cool, especially a lightweight one.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Welcome aboard Andy from another newcomer to this site, but not to wearing skirts. Lots of useful info; some interesting challenges to whatever political/social perspectives you may have, and some fun stuff to keep you diverted from the woes of CV19 for a while. Looks like you UK chaps are developing quite a colony! Skirt on...
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Welcome Andy! :-)
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

Although a member of this forum my infrequent login, last time was 7 months ago, I do not think I have the authority to say welcome to the forum. What I will say is pleased to meet yet another man in a skirt, an active one at that, and hope this forum gives you more confidence and encouragement but from your intro post sounds like you are more than on the way.

I do walk in skirts, most of my amateur building hobby, not my one day a week garden for clients due practical reasons but unless their is a reason that trousers are the item then in all other aspects of life I will always have a skirt on. Skirts hang in my wardrobe, the odd trousers under the bed! I much prefer clothing that society still labels as women wear as I prefer the style, fit, colours and the variety of choice but to me a skirt is a skirt and comes in many guises and yes yet more society conforming labels like Utilitikilt, Lungi, Sarong, wrap, A line, pencil and yes and make no apologies, kilt.

I find getting out and about in the real world in skirts, like you do, is the best way to be seen, acknowledged and respected than on social media and I do spend most of my time in the real world promoting men in skirts, mostly in silence but providing the presence. I do not ignore social media as that is yet another opening but meeting someone behind a screen is not the same as meeting someone in person and dispelling any preconceived thoughts of a man in a skirt unlike for women in trousers.

After today may be a while before I return to SkirtCafe but one never knows. I keep saying I will pop back more frequently but...

Keep wearing that skirt.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.