A different introduction

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Satseq

A different introduction

Post by Satseq »

Hi. I am here as it was suggested by my dear OH Tackleberry. I recently found out he loves wearing skirts, this had been his big secret from the first time we met 6 yrs ago. I’m sad he was so scared to tell me, but so glad he did now. I am actually quite pleased about his taste in skirts. Few of them fitted me quite nicely! :D So here we are. The very elusive female on this forum!
Uncle Al

Re: A different introduction

Post by Uncle Al »

:welcome: Satseq :D
We look forward to your input at the Cafe' :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Welcome to this forum.

I'm glad for you both the secret is out and you have a positive attitude to male skirting. I wish my wife was that understanding. ;)

Beside that, it is always good to hear the opinion of the "other" side.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Satseq! I also am glad to have another woman on this forum. Unfortunately, my wife doesn't do social media.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Satseq wrote:Hi. I am here as it was suggested by my dear OH Tackleberry. I recently found out he loves wearing skirts, this had been his big secret from the first time we met 6 yrs ago. I’m sad he was so scared to tell me, but so glad he did now. I am actually quite pleased about his taste in skirts. Few of them fitted me quite nicely! :D So here we are. The very elusive female on this forum!
Welcome Satseq , If you start your own thread from your perspective , you will get some interesting replies , some of the older men in skirts have
been exploring this fashion style for many years
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Welcome,satseq! It's always great to see supportive woman here. Tackleberry is a lucky man to have you!
Last edited by skirtyscot on Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Good afternoon and welcome!!
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Welcome to the café I am looking forward to hearing your comments about our ideas and fashion sense.

Not trying to put you on the spot but what is your overall feeling about men wearing skirts.

For many of us the café is a major learning experience I post outfits looking for honest commentary .

I have gotten some good comments and also my share of bad comments I would prefer to have someone on the café say hey old salt the doesn't look good Than to go out in public looking like I just got out of a VW bus with 11 other clowns.

Again welcome to the café
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Hey Old Salt ..... Please do not get offended by peoples comments ....I have been wearing skirts and the Traditional Scottish Kilt for years .
I have been called .... " A Pervert ...." by a member in open forum.....I have been informed that I do not know what I am talking about ....

A Mod has sent me a P.M. suggesting that I think I am superior when I am wearing the Traditional Scottish Kilt.....

My advice to you is to go and have a laugh with your female friends who use you as their folk hero for a bit of banter ....

I go to my local Supermarket Café for a bit of entertainment .
A couple of days ago a lady complimented me on my full length dress with buttons down the front . That was the maiden voyage for that outfit .

One of the Waitresses is the grand daughter of a British Admiral . She said that I looked very smart in my Traditional Highland Garb.
Yes , collar and Tie for breakfast.
The Charming Lady informed me that her Boyfriend had bought her an electric bicycle to travel The Cornish Lanes .
I reminded her that it was nice to meet A New Age Traveller...............L.O.L.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Satseq...There is nothing new in wearing your male Partners clothes...Back in the fifties there was a Polish Couple who worked on a village farm ..

All the lassies , including my mother , considered that it was most odd that In the depths of winter , when there was four inches of ice on the village pond ,
This Polish Lady would go out on the street wearing her husband's trousers under her long skirts.

If my mother were alive to day and saw how the modern females dress , she would die.....L.O.L.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

One Monday Morning my mother was called into the bosses office for a dressing down ...
She was seen out cycling on her mans bicycle on a Sunday afternoon wear shorts...

During the war , her bicycle was stolen and she was seen standing beside an American Provo's Jeep wearing her favourite work skirt .
Her mans bicycle and a G.I. who was caught riding her bike , were both in the rear of the Jeep .

Perhaps it was just poetic justice that my father was out there when they needed them...His task was to kidnap an American Tank and hide it from the American
Recovery team for two and a half days ...Yes Sir , that is how the war was won......My thoughts for Rememberance Sunday .
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

weeladdie18 wrote:Hey Old Salt ..... Please do not get offended by peoples comments ....I have been wearing skirts and the Traditional Scottish Kilt for years .
I have been called .... " A Pervert ...." by a member in open forum.....I have been informed that I do not know what I am talking about ....
I have never been offended by someone's comments on the café about my outfits . I feel that they are well meaning

I realize that at times I push the limits but how else am I going to learn.
Last edited by Uncle Al on Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quoting format
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

oldsalt1 wrote:I have never been offended by someone's comments on the café about my outfits . I feel that they are well meaning
I realize that at times I push the limits but how else am I going to learn.
I always try to give good reviews when I can and to be honest and truthful. I never try to hurt anyones feelings even if my comments are not flattering. I know that pushing the limits are a good thing and it is how we all learn what looks right on us and the rest of the citizens of the cafe. :D :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Wonderful Electric
Distinguished Member

Post by Wonderful Electric »

You are amazing and he is extremely lucky to have you. Thank you for being our ally.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Excellent! Welcome to the cafe!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!