Hello all

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.

Hello all

Postby ambisextrous » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:34 am

A little about me. I am soon to be a big 50. I am married to a woman and have been for 19 years, but I am bisexual - not transitioning, questioning, or anything else - just equally attracted to both sexes and have been since birth. I am also gender fluid. I am comfortable with having am male body but my brain is almost certainly female. I have ADHD and I think it is connected and I was born this way spending a lot of time playing with girls and boys, including playing dollies with my sister and stealing her clothes. I used to be a cross dresser in my 20's and that was seriously taboo back then in my community. The world has become more liberal and I know loads of gay married men. My wife has known about my sexuality for a while but not my gender. I decided to come out and be completely clear with her. Initially she was shocked but is now supportive. So she is taking me shopping and helping me create a gender neutral look. As part of that I have decided to step out in skirts, tee-shirt dresses, androgynous underwear and androgynous clothing. I am also planning to go on a night course to make my own clothes as I just can't really find a shop that sells what I want. If that goes well I might open an online shop on Etsy and see what happens.

By day I am a pin stripe suit wearing consultant but I tend to add my own touches to my dress through cufflinks, scarfs, cravats and flamboyant ties. I run my own successful consultancy business.

Some people who feel gender fluid get hot under the collar about pronouns. I could not give a stuff. I am find with people calling me him, he, his, himself or her, she, hers, herself or the gender neutral equivalents. I answer to Steven, Stephen or Steph. Also I could not give a stuff of what people think of me in the street, if they judge me or whatever. I have learned to ignore ignorant half-wits. I used to be in an infantry regiment and know how to look after myself if someone wants to try it on. I am completely cool shopping in the women's department and so wish more shops and changing rooms would go gender neutral. The shop assistants were very understanding 20 years ago and I am sure they will be the same when I go shopping with my wife or on my own.

I live in Leicester but it is looking very likely I am going to be living in Edinburgh for a while. Occasionally I go to Cork in Ireland for a client. London too.

I would love to meet more people like me.
ambisextrous

Re: Hello all

Postby Jim » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:13 am

Welcome to SkirtCafe, ambisextrous. It's a blessing your wife is so accepting. Keep us informed.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Postby denimini » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:58 am

Welcome Steph. Tell people your name and they will know how to call you.
Doing a course on making clothes would great as most clothes, new or second hand, are based on current or past fashions. No a lot available for unconventional personal tastes. Many here make their own clothes and I envy their time and skill.
I am amazed how long it has taken you to wear skirts (confessing I took longer). Skirts are great and I am sure you will have a lot of fun with them.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Sinned » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:13 pm

Most of us here picked up skirt wearing later in life. I did and wished I had found skirts a lot earlier. But life is what it is. MOH is tolerant to a degree but doesn'[t like me wearing a skirt out of the house, even though she knows I do and tends to ignore that issue. But I love skirts and am becoming used to dresses though I know that that would just be too far for MOH. Welcome to the cafe.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Return to Introductions