Hello from down-under

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Hello from down-under

Post by nzfreestyler »

Gidday from down here in New Zealand

I have worn skirts for a decade now. I have evolved into wearing skirts everyday, pretty much always wearing a skirt.
I do wear shorts too - but mainly the higher cut shorter shorts in summer.

I wear skirts/tops (as in separates), skirt suits and some dresses too now because a dress is very simple to wear.
Even in winter I wear a skirt everyday although I do on some days wear stockings.

I don't do wigs/make up etc - I just love having my legs out, and I like how my legs look in a skirt.
(I don't sound very modest do I? Oops.

cheers
Craig aka nzfreestyler
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hello from down-under

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:welcome:
Hi Craig and a hearty welcome to the cafe.
Sit back and grab a cuppa and join in any where you feel like. :D

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
GeorgeA

Post by GeorgeA »

Hi Craig,
Welcome from another new member. If you're "down-under" am I "up-over"? Never heard that expression used before. I am a MIAD: see my post next to yours.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Hi from across the Tasman. Very impressive wearing skirts through NZ winters.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

denimini wrote:Hi from across the Tasman. Very impressive wearing skirts through NZ winters.
Gidday again - well I wore a skirt to the rugby this evening and it was a bit cold afterwards I must admit, but once in a nice warm bar/restaurant it didn't matter anymore !!
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

hey thanks Fred.
will do...

cheers
Craig
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Hi Craig,

Welcome to the cafe from those of us across the Tasman! Do tell us what part of NZ you're from, and if you like, you could comment on where you wear your skirts, and whether you have a partner who approves of your skirt wearing.

I'm in Brisbane, Australia, but I have lived in Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland.

Tim.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Hi Tim,

I'm based in Auckland, although I too have lived in Christchurch and Wellington as well.
I wear skirts all the time, I wear a skirt suit to work - and casual friday is business casual - but I wear a skirt/dress still.

I am single at the moment - I am travelling a bit every month for work so I get around the place in skirts. Even out the back blocks I don't get any trouble. Sure I get a few looks now an again - but it is a confidence thing. I like what I do and I feel confident doing it, and I think people i meet get it.

I went to dinner with friendsm then out to the Super rugby hame here tonight in Christchurch (I am staying in CHCH this weekend) in a red mini skirt and a black knitted top. Afterwards we went to the bars in town and back to the hotel still dressed the same.

I'll go anywhere in a skirt - I prefer a skirt.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Craig,

Welcome.

I’m guessing you’re the same NZFreestyler from HHPlace (I lurk!), in which case I can state that your aesthetic is pretty impressive! Okay, I’m absolutely not a fan of bare legs, but your climate? I can understand why. Great outfits otherwise.

Having read where you’re from, I think I’m going to crack open a lovely wine tonight from just north of Christchurch (Canterbury) - a Pegasus Bay Chardonnay. Sadly not while wearing a skirt :-)

Stick around and join the fun!

Ray
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Welcome.
It is nice to have somebody from the other end of the globe on board. New Zealand, formerly known as Staten Land and Nieuw Zeeland, was discovered by the Dutch in our Golden Age. The same Golden Age of Rembrandt and Vermeer after we kicked the Spanish out. I think the NZ climate is very helpful when it comes to wearing skirts or dresses.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

thanks - and yes the NZ climate isn't bad for skirts. Doesn't get too cold except for the bottom of the South Island mid-winter, but then its only chilly if I'm out of a car or out of an office and then its only for a few minutes, so its no big deal. I would much prefer a skirt to pants.

In fact I only have 2 pairs of jeans and probably 100 X that in skirts/dresses.