Am I new?

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
GeorgeA

Am I new?

Post by GeorgeA »

I visited this site long time ago but am not sure if I created an account then. So, yesterday, I signed up again(?).
I am from Toronto and a member of crossdressers.com forum. I don't feel that I fully fit there, as most members are female impersonators and I am not. I am well received there and enjoy my membership there. Since I do not hide my masculinity (I have facial hair) and do not try or pretend to be a woman, I started there a movement for people like me. It's called MIAD (man-in-a-dress) for people who like to wear dresses or skirts but do not disguise their masculinity and are happy to be what they are. A number of people expressed their support for me and said that they too are MIADs and this term has gained a popular acceptance and now used widely to describe this phenomenon of a man wearing a skirt but not trying to look like a woman. Being a MIAD I am not sure if I fully fit here either but I will try to fit.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Am I new?

Post by Big and Bashful »

Hi,
You will fit right in to the cafe, it has always been for men who like to wear skirts without trying to appear feminine. As time has passed and other forums have died this forum broadened it's audience and followers to cover most flavours of guy and now includes more sort of cross dressy stuff along with the guy in a skirt/kilt style person. So these days everyone seems to find a place here.

I am a large man with a beard who likes skirts, that is what works for me.

Welcome!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Welcome aboard, George, and greetings from "south of the border".

There are some of us here who are actively experimenting with dresses, so you'll entirely likely fit in just fine. The thing I find vexing about dresses is sizing, both laterally and longitudinally -- and getting both to work without resorting to bespoke items is difficult at best and near impossible at worst. Skirts are simply easier.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Hi George,
:welcome:

I wear skirts and dresses all of the time. It has been close to 5 years since I wore anything with two pipes. I do not try to look like a woman. I am a man in a skirt or dress. So of course you will fit in perfectly.

Fred :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Hey hi welcome to a little piece of heaven here on the interweb.

I have been into skirts part-time for over 20 years.

Tried the CD thing for awhile. Never felt comfortable with it. Finally found the café, where I learned you don't have to go "all in" to enjoy skirts.

So since 2015 I have been thoroughly enjoying being a man in skirts and kilts.

Welcome and enjoy being here.

Feel free to share your thoughts, insights, fears and victories about skirts with us.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.