New guy here

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New guy here

Post by Chirp »

Little update,
With summer is half over i have not had any major probs with my legs. We had a few days
were we had extreme heat warning with high humidity were I had toss jeans and switch to kilt.
It took only few hours and lower legs felt like and looked like I had poison ivy rash.

Good thing is it almost cleared up over night. I did take the next day off work, Very lucky I can do that.
The only time i wear jeans is at work. As soon as i'm finished its right to a skirt to drive home.
The worst heat waves are about to start here.
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Hi Chirp , Greetings from S.W. Cornwall U.K...I have been wearing The Traditional Scottish Kilt and skirts for years. Ideal for this hot summer weather.
Weeladdie
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

I haven't updated this in wile, Covid has been pain in @ss But i have been working alot, When not working me and wife were off at lake swimming and avoiding everyone. But i had crazy flair up on my right leg, What started as what i though was small heat rash, came and went behind my knee, Then week later Ankle all way up my leg to belt line. Blew up. Bright red rash, Ankle calf knee upper leg all swelled,

Started to blister. Pins needles up past my knee, Burning ictiching u name it, Would not wish it on anyone.
Taken almost 2 month to mostly clear up. But i kept working. Only time wearing jeans is at work, Been in long light skirt 95% of the time.
Even sleep in it so not kill bedding. Doctors have no idea, Pantyhose dont bother it, But i ended up twice in ER over it as it was way worse then whats in pic. On bright Wife picked me 12 pr of pantyhose as they needed to be washed every day
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Could it have been caused by a mite that entered your skin whilst swimming? That's the main idea that I have. Looks nasty though. Did you have any treatment for it?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

I would try not wearing the panty hose for awhile to see if it goes away.

Depending on what the rash is the pantyhose might be spreading it. Or encouraging it to grow if it is caused by bacteria or fungal growth.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

My condolences, Chirp. Quite obviously a bite from a mighty mite. I'm not a dermatologist, but a daily application of anti-inflammatory cream wouldn't go amiss and your own bodily antibodies will kick in in time (Med. hat off)
They say that amputated legs aboard ship during the Napoleonic wars made a sickening thud as they hit the deck :cry:

While canoeing on vacation at a lake near Ottawa a while back we came across a seriously large and very colourful snake in the water. Perhaps he found you?

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

We looked at bugs and other things, From Swimmers itch to bed bugs and chemicals.
But no chemicals have changed in my house or at my work.
I had few doctors scratch there heads over this. The 1st got to cream doctor wanted to try was Hydrocortisone cream.
It made things worse,

Most of the go to things that work for bug bites and rash's did not work,
Anti-inflammatory creams made things worse, I have already had a dermatologist take a look at it.
She scratched her head. Good thing is its almost all gone, I hope to hell what every it was it dont come back for round 2,
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:40 am I would try not wearing the panty hose for awhile to see if it goes away.
Depending on what the rash is the pantyhose might be spreading it. Or encouraging it to grow if it is caused by bacteria or fungal growth.
Doctor agreed with pantyhose or compression tights as it helped with blood flow.
I would have to use stuff every 6 house and change hose each time.
What i had was a moisturizers that needed to be applied on top of steroids cream.
Hose helped keep cream from being rubbed off,

But it was pain in ass keeping at it,
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

Just wondered whether anyone has prescribed antibiotics at any time for it. I know it’s not a popular solution now but it doesn’t mean they don’t work. I have periodic bouts of eye infections about every couple years. Only cured when one ophthalmic consultant prescribed a course. He actually told me the various creams were making it worse
When it recurrs I visit my GP and ask for it again. It always clears up in a week or so. It may be worth asking the question of your medics.
:roll:
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

On 2nd time back into ER over it I was prescribed two antibiotics to fight the infection.