New guy here

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

New guy here

Post by Chirp »

Hi everyone,
I'm new hear so I should start off by saying Hi and thanks.
I have worn kilts for a long time and nothing new to me.

But last 2 years I have been dealing with deep vein thrombosis. To help deal with that I have been wearing compression tights and helps a lot,
But I also work as truck driver so long hours sitting wearing compression tight work jeans still taking a toll, In the summer I wear utility kilts.
As most know kilts can be very expensive. So my wife one day tossed me one of her black skirts to lounge around in and it was so much more comfortable.
So now I wear kilts and skirts 90% of the time.
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New guy here

Post by Jim »

Welcome to Skirt Cafe, Chirp. I started wearing skirts because of a skin problem in the groin area that needed air, not pressure. Like them for many reasons, now.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Hello, Chirp. :D

Awhile back there was a thread regarding skirts to be worn while driving.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Welcome to the café. Its great that you have your wife's support.. Forget the kilts they are usually cumbersome and hot. Get yourself some denim skirts . They are light cool and much more comfortable especially while driving. And you also have a valid medical reason for wearing them.

Again welcome abord
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:welcome:
Welcome Chirp to the best place on the web. We are friendly and full of information about skirts and how to wear them. I have been wearing skirts full time now for over 4 years. I have also started to wear dresses as well. I started because of some chemical burns on my bum that became infected and the doctor put me in them and I have been thanking her ever since.

So sit back and get to know us and join in on the conversations when and where you want.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Welcome to the cafe. I wear skirts, kilts, and ie faitagas from American Samoa. You might like the kilt prices at https://www.utkilts.com/
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

You may want to look at http://www.stillwaterkilts.com for alternative pricing.
Made in USA and machine washable. Hang to dry and you're good
to go the next day :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

Thanks everyone,
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Welcome, Chirp.

You have a job I don’t think I could handle and it’s no surprise to me that you suffer circulatory problems. I recently bought a GMC 7500 dump truck in Maryland and drove in for nine kidney-busting hours down to my farm near Lancaster, SC. I’m sure big rigs ride smoother, but I couldn’t handle dealing with traffic all day every day. My hat’s off to you Sir.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

Well i'm use to it. But some days are worse then others. I mainly haul Steel from coils to sheet. A lot of up and down on the flatbed, A lot of chains to move around,
But Small mistakes from forklift or over head crane can become very bad, Been punted off the deck a few times,
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Fred in Skirts wrote: :welcome:
Welcome Chirp to the best place on the web. We are friendly and full of information about skirts and how to wear them. I have been wearing skirts full time now for over 4 years. I have also started to wear dresses as well. I started because of some chemical burns on my bum that became infected and the doctor put me in them and I have been thanking her ever since.

So sit back and get to know us and join in on the conversations when and where you want.

Fred

How did that conversation with your doctor go?
Mr Fred because you have a sore butt I totally recommend you wear skirts. What was your first thoughts? I would have loved to been a fly on the wall in that conversation.

Glad you found freedom and this here fine café of fine skirted folk. .

I love this place . I never imagined I would frequent here do much , I don't post super often, but I visit and read posts around 5 times a week.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

mishawakaskirt wrote:
Fred in Skirts wrote:I have been wearing skirts full time now for over 4 years. I have also started to wear dresses as well. I started because of some chemical burns on my bum that became infected and the doctor put me in them and I have been thanking her ever since. Fred

How did that conversation with your doctor go?
Mr Fred because you have a sore butt I totally recommend you wear skirts. What was your first thoughts? I would have loved to been a fly on the wall in that conversation.
Glad you found freedom and this here fine café of fine skirted folk. .
I love this place . I never imagined I would frequent here do much , I don't post super often, but I visit and read posts around 5 times a week.
Well it sort of went like this. Because cotton sticks to open sores and tears off the healing scabs you are to now wear silk or nylon to stop this from happening, as for the area between your legs where the infection has spread you have the option of not wearing anything at all or start wearing skirts, so that the rubbing of the cloth does not irritate and spread the infection. The first time after that I had a visit and wore pants, MY BUTT was even sorer after she chewed on for 10 min or so (at least it seemed that long) and told me if I did not do as she said I would need to find another doctor. SO
I obeyed and wore skirts from then on since I found out I really enjoyed the comfort.

As for the cafe I was searching for skirts and one of the search results was the cafe, so I came for a look see and stayed and have found a wonderful home with lots of really nice folks to talk with. I try to read every day and some times (read most times ) I am on here 3 or 4 times a day.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

Welcome. I appreciate that wearing pants with compression wear will be difficult and uncomfortable (I've tried, it doesn't work well). There are many skirts available at regular stores, my favorite currently is Kmart. You can find denim and other materials for sale at very low prices (less than $20). Another favorite is uniform skirts worn by waitresses and nurses, also quite cheap at places like Kmart). These are very practical as they have good pockets and are usually s longer, but wide a line (better for sitting).
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Welcome Chirp, I now wear skirts pretty much full time, and resent those occasions I have to wear pants. To be clear, you wear skirts and kilts because compression tights under pants are problematic? I buy most of my skirts at thrift stores, and for the most part, the wide variation in styles and fabrics means lots of ways to find stuff that works for me.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

I have been fighting with legs swelling as well as rash's. Doctors did bunch of tests and try this pill that pill cream and so on.
The compression tights worked wonders and helped get my legs back to almost normal. But if if I wear jeans rash comes. So we found if I wear pantyhose after I used cream it would go away in no time.
If didn't use pantyhose rash would not go away, Doctor said it has to be something with jeans rubbing, But track pants also do same thing.. But Compression tights and jeans no rash in winter, Now its getting warmer finding it to be very uncomfortable. Dew to how I work I still wear jeans. Nut as soon as I;m done there off and kilt or skirt The relief is instant.