Hello

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Ballyer

Hello

Post by Ballyer »

Just checking in for the first time.

Complete newbie to skirt wearing (as in bought my first skirt an hour ago - photo below).

Have loved wearing shorts as an adult (from early 20s - hated it as a kid and can't figure out why) and would wear them any time the temperature permits. I have been looking for a very specific replacement hoodie replacement (without luck) and spotted a hoodie sweater dress online and something just clicked in my head. Unfortunately, I'd be arrested if I wore the hoodie sweaterdress in public (I have a long torso) so it was back to square one and an 8am trip to Tesco on Sunday morning to browse and buy.

Beyond that, I live in Dublin, Ireland and work in financial services.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hello

Post by Kilty »

Welcome! Nice skirt, love the buttons at the side. Kilts are also another choice in unbifurcated / skirted wear, although more costly.... decent skirts on ebay too for a reasonable price!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:welcome:

Welcome to the cafe Ballyer! The skirt looks to be very comfortable and that is why I wear them. Please tell us more about your self, what you like to do and more about how the hoodie dress got you into skirts.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Welcome! To the group, glad to have you.

Nice skirt.

I just about got a hoody skirt awhile back. I was all excited about it until I realized it had 3/4 sleeves. Then decided to not get it.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

Welcome Ballyer
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Ballyer wrote:...Have loved wearing shorts as an adult (from early 20s - hated it as a kid and can't figure out why) and would wear them any time the temperature permits. I have been looking for a very specific replacement hoodie replacement (without luck) and spotted a hoodie sweater dress online and something just clicked in my head. Unfortunately, I'd be arrested if I wore the hoodie sweaterdress in public (I have a long torso) so it was back to square one and an 8am trip to Tesco on Sunday morning to browse and buy...
Welcome, Ballyer! I hope being on the board will be fun and useful for you and your future skirt-wearing adventures.

You have an interesting story. If I understand correctly, you:
- were looking for a hoodie,
- found one you liked except that it was the top half of a dress,
- contemplated buying the dress,
- decided it was too short,
but from the experience of seriously considering a dress you suddenly accepted the idea of wearing skirts and dresses in general? Is that right?

And you had no previous interest in wearing skirts? Like, did you ever think of shorts being an "acceptable" substitute for skirts: a skirt with an inseam?

Have you worn your new skirt out yet? If so, when, where, and how did it go? And if not, why not, and when do you think you might?

Do any family members, friends, or co-workers know of your new interest? And if so, how did they react?

I ask these things because most of us here spent long amounts of time - even back to childhood - wishing they could wear skirts but never being allowed or never daring t, and that makes your story interesting. And I think we all wish some millions of men would experience the same revelation.

Anyway, welcome again and here's wishing you lots of fun with your new interest!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

Welcome. I really like the side button look, I haven't seen that befroe. It looks great, I would definitely wear it.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Welcome from S.W. England.....Many of us have worn our skirts with pride for many years.
Some of our doubts regarding skirt wearing are inside our own minds.
Just pluck up courage and go out on the street wearing your skirt instead of trousers.
It is perhaps unfortunate that you may never see another " Man in a Skirt "
Any question you ask in a new thread will provide an interesting response ....Weeladdie
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

That's a lovely skirt! I like the buttons at the side.

I hope you can see my posts as I can't, which is odd :blue:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

new2skirts wrote: I hope you can see my posts as I can't, which is odd :blue:
This is normal, and gives the moderation team some indication of new members' intent. The restriction goes away after a number of posts.

Whilst the above may seem a nuisance and a put-off to new members, the moderators here have a zero-tolerance level for spam and without safeguards that goal is unattainable. The net result is that the S/N ratio here is one of the highest on the 'Net. We also actively submit spammers' details to assorted blacklists globally.

Welcome aboard, read, enjoy, and participate!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

Hi Ballyer

I also hated wearing shorts as a kid living in England. Now I'm the polar opposite - outside of the snow season I wear shorts virtually all of the time when I'm outside work.

I work for a software vendor and we service the financial services industry. We even have a site in Dublin (down at the IFSC).