Hi from Iowa

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Hi from Iowa

Post by voodoomagic »

Hello from Iowa, I just started wearing a skirt 3 months ago, when it was very hot and humid. From a suggestion from my wife when I was working in the garage, she came out with one of her mothers old skirts and told me to try this. I looked at her kind of strangely, and it was really hot and humid, so why not. Best decision I ever made! Now I try to wear them where ever I go. I love the A-line the straight and the pencil style. Blue jean and cargo, and the kahkis i wear the most.
IMG95201808169508342113195HDR.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hi from Iowa

Post by Rokje »

Welcome voodoomagic
Wearing skirts is wonderful year round. Really.
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

voodoomagic wrote:From a suggestion from my wife when I was working in the garage, she came out with one of her mothers old skirts and told me to try this.
Wow! This might be a first for guys here! Normally it takes a while to get the wives to come around, some never do.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

Rokje wrote:Welcome voodoomagic
Wearing skirts is wonderful year round. Really.

Thank You Rokje glad to meet you. Winters here in iowa are pretty cold we shall see :D
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Welcome voodoomagic from one state to the east. I live in rural northern Illinois. I, too, have a supportive wife. When my sister-in-law was visiting this weekend, she expressed disappointment I wasn't wearing a "kilt" (I had been doing some walking in rough woods in the cool of the morning earlier). I changed to real utility kilt for her the next morning. She and I are encouraging my brother to try something similar; he is not opposed.
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

moonshadow wrote:
voodoomagic wrote:From a suggestion from my wife when I was working in the garage, she came out with one of her mothers old skirts and told me to try this.
Wow! This might be a first for guys here! Normally it takes a while to get the wives to come around, some never do.

Moonshadow, my wife helps as I pick out my skirts at the local shops. She loves it, she says its the only time she can get me to go clothes shopping. :D
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

voodoomagic wrote:Hello from Iowa, I just started wearing a skirt 3 months ago, when it was very hot and humid. From a suggestion from my wife when I was working in the garage, she came out with one of her mothers old skirts and told me to try this. I looked at her kind of strangely, and it was really hot and humid, so why not. Best decision I ever made! Now I try to wear them where ever I go. I love the A-line the straight and the pencil style. Blue jean and cargo, and the kahkis i wear the most.
IMG95201808169508342113195HDR.jpg

Welcome to the café. Family support is the greatest thing. :welcome:
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

Thanks and yes they do.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Welcome to the forum of non-conformists. That sounds like the fastest jump into skirting.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Bikerkilt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bikerkilt »

Welcome to the cafe, I'm a little south of you in Missouri.
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

beachlion wrote: That sounds like the fastest jump into skirting.
Thanks beachlion, what can I say. The most comfortable clothes I ever been in, that fit and don't have to keep pulling them up. :D
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

Bikerkilt wrote:Welcome to the cafe, I'm a little south of you in Missouri.
Thank You Bikerkilt, and nice to meet you.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

voodoomagic wrote:Hello from Iowa, I just started wearing a skirt 3 months ago, when it was very hot and humid. From a suggestion from my wife when I was working in the garage, she came out with one of her mothers old skirts and told me to try this. I looked at her kind of strangely, and it was really hot and humid, so why not. Best decision I ever made! Now I try to wear them where ever I go. I love the A-line the straight and the pencil style. Blue jean and cargo, and the kahkis i wear the most.
Welcome, voodoomagic!

As others have mentioned, you're very lucky to have such a supportive wife. Before the incident in the hot garage, had she ever suggested any other traditionally female clothing. mannerisms, or activities?

Is there anywhere you won't wear a skirt?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Hello from S.W. UK. ...You are wearing the variety of skirts which most of us choose to wear Please join use and ask any questions
or add your own comments ....Best of luck ,weeladdie
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

Thanks weeladdie18.