Hello from the US!

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
ManInASkirt

Hello from the US!

Post by ManInASkirt »

After making my first post in the main forum I figured I'd stop by here. I'm from the US, would prefer not to say where, and have recently started letting myself enjoy wearing skirts - quite a useful way to wear something "women's" or "feminine" without having to go "full femme," which isn't what I'm looking for. I'm looking forward to being around, and beyond the denim pencil skirt I'm almost slim enough to wear (bought it one size down as incentive to keep losing weight), I've ordered two tartan skirts - one decidedly more feminine than the other - and I'm planning a solo trip to Vegas to head out and play poker.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hello from the US!

Post by Kirbstone »

Don't let 'em cold-shoulder you, MiaSk,.

Win your fortune in 'Vegas and sink it in frocks & frills. Enjoy yourself, that's the main thing. Last time I drove 'the Strip' in Vegas was, wait for it....in 1967!
I expect it's changed just a bit since then. :alien:

You'll find a lot of seriously whacky contributors here soon, me included. The overriding message is, Have Fun, as Moderator Ian Milfmog will tell you.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

welcome aboard. If you are heading to Vegas I would say west coast. It doesn't matter enjoy the café Don't be afraid to ask questions. :welcome:
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

:alien: Greetings and welcome! Glad you landed here.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

ManInASkirt, I get the impression that you are what we call a free styler. You are willing to borrow from "the other side of the aisle", but don't seem interested in the (classic TV) female impersonator thing.

Free stylers are welcome at Skirt Cafe.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:welcome:

Welcome "ManInASkirt" :D
You will fit right in here and we welcome any thing you may decide to offer. Plus you get all of the good advice we will offer.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
ManInASkirt

Post by ManInASkirt »

Woohoo! Thanks for the welcome! Glad to know I already have a definition - "free-styler!" I like it!

Yeah, as far as "passing" or anything like that, not me. I have no illusion of looking like a.woman and no desire to be one - I love being a man - I just love indulging in what seems taboo, demurely provocative and comfortably expressive.

Seems like a great place and I'm just fine with the wide range of people, opinions and styles. :)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I think you're gonna fit right in!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

ManInASkirt wrote:...Yeah, as far as "passing" or anything like that, not me. I have no illusion of looking like a.woman and no desire to be one - I love being a man - I just love indulging in what seems taboo, demurely provocative and comfortably expressive...
Fantastic! You've found your board.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Hello and welcome, MiaS. Do tell us how you get on when you go out in your new skirts. As most guys here can attest, it's nerve-wracking at first but it gets easier.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
ManInASkirt

Post by ManInASkirt »

skirtyscot wrote:Hello and welcome, MiaS. Do tell us how you get on when you go out in your new skirts. As most guys here can attest, it's nerve-wracking at first but it gets easier.
Made it out last night in a denim skirt and untucked button down casual shirt. Went to the movies, a late show. Like anything else, I was more nervous than those around me, I think. The tartans should be in at the store tomorrow.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

ManInASkirt wrote:Made it out last night in a denim skirt and untucked button down casual shirt. Went to the movies, a late show. Like anything else, I was more nervous than those around me, I think. The tartans should be in at the store tomorrow.
Good show!

(sorry)

(OK, not...)
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Welcome..... there are a few of us in the U.K......Wear what you want to wear the way you want to wear it. Non one really cares how we dress

.......Weeladdie