Men can "rock" skirts too!

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Men can "rock" skirts too!

Post by Caultron »

Feeling freedom wrote:Gotta love the days when working from home! Hoodies go great with denim for a casual look.
Looking good!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

And yet there are some that need convincing that hoodies go well with skirts never mind denim skirts! But as you have found, they do.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote:And yet there are some that need convincing that hoodies go well with skirts never mind denim skirts! But as you have found, they do.
Hoodies also go quite well with assorted miscreants who find themselves in police custody and need to hide their faces. In fact, this is the primary mode the style is seen in where I dwell. 'Tis fine if you want the "gangsta" look, but less smart otherwise.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Feeling freedom
Distinguished Member

Post by Feeling freedom »

crfriend wrote:
Sinned wrote:And yet there are some that need convincing that hoodies go well with skirts never mind denim skirts! But as you have found, they do.
Hoodies also go quite well with assorted miscreants who find themselves in police custody and need to hide their faces. In fact, this is the primary mode the style is seen in where I dwell. 'Tis fine if you want the "gangsta" look, but less smart otherwise.
True sinned. It boils down to how you put it together. I also have a black mini skirt it works well with. The denim was mentioned for other reasons :wink:

CR, it is sad to hear that where you dwell has miscreants creating cognitive dissonance. If people think it is too "gangsta" to wear that is their issue. I do not wear the hood, this look has to do with CASUAL STYLE. I have to look smart 5 days per week due to being in business and sales. It feels good to dress down and feel comfortable. This hoody or "sweater" if you prefer is tremendously comfortable.
Personal style is important to me. Even when my outfits may contain skirts, tights and great ankle or riding length boots! I enjoy fashion and am excited to get in on the conversations with the like minded!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Feeling freedom wrote:[CR, it is sad to hear that where you dwell has miscreants creating cognitive dissonance. If people think it is too "gangsta" to wear that is their issue. I do not wear the hood, this look has to do with CASUAL STYLE. I have to look smart 5 days per week due to being in business and sales. It feels good to dress down and feel comfortable. This hoody or "sweater" if you prefer is tremendously comfortable.
I am sure that this is highly down to one's locale, but all I can do is call things as I see them where I live. Beware this if you visit New England.
Feeling freedom
Distinguished Member

crfriend wrote:
Feeling freedom wrote:[CR, it is sad to hear that where you dwell has miscreants creating cognitive dissonance. If people think it is too "gangsta" to wear that is their issue. I do not wear the hood, this look has to do with CASUAL STYLE. I have to look smart 5 days per week due to being in business and sales. It feels good to dress down and feel comfortable. This hoody or "sweater" if you prefer is tremendously comfortable.
I am sure that this is highly down to one's locale, but all I can do is call things as I see them where I live. Beware this if you visit New England.

Understood CR. Out here on the rainy coast hoodies are popular due to some people get tired of carrying an umbrella. Then again rain coats are very popular too :)
Personal style is important to me. Even when my outfits may contain skirts, tights and great ankle or riding length boots! I enjoy fashion and am excited to get in on the conversations with the like minded!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Over here hoodies aren't associated with criminal activity so don't have many nasty connotations. But then I do live in a relatively low crime city.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Feeling freedom
Distinguished Member

York would be lovely to visit. I am originally from Birmingham but we moved here when I was very young so more Canadian. Still brought up the British way though. I am the black sheep of the family because I do not support WBA, I support Aston Villa. Love my fish and chips, Downton Abby and as much British comedy I can!
trainspotter48
Member Extraordinaire

Post by trainspotter48 »

As a resident of a large city in the West of England, I see variants on the 'hoody'.

Hooded sweatshirt with hood permanently raised (aka 'surgically attached') = sinister character, possibly up to no good.
Hooded sweatshirt with hood lowered, or only raised in inclement weather = casual wear.
A variant on this is the building site version where the 'hoody' is capped by a hard hat.
Hooded anorak/cagoule with hood up or down = weather protection.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

FF, ask Donald as I met him once on a visit here. There are loads of things to do, even if it is raining. The bar walls are good for a walk around if you are feeling energetic [0]. The Railway Museum and loads more. It's a wonderful city to live in and handy for large cities like Leeds and the countryside [1]. Anyway a tourist guide will give you all this information. And the streets are male skirt friendly too. [2]

[0] The wall walk is a lot longer than it first appears.
[1] North York Moors, The Dales, The Pennines and so on.
[2] I've never encountered a problem or any adverse reaction.
Feeling freedom
Distinguished Member

trainspotter48 wrote:As a resident of a large city in the West of England, I see variants on the 'hoody'.

Hooded sweatshirt with hood permanently raised (aka 'surgically attached') = sinister character, possibly up to no good.
Hooded sweatshirt with hood lowered, or only raised in inclement weather = casual wear.
A variant on this is the building site version where the 'hoody' is capped by a hard hat.
Hooded anorak/cagoule with hood up or down = weather protection.

Good way to put it Trainspotter48. Are you an actual trainspotter? I hear Bruce Dickenson from the old band Iron Maiden is also a fanatic about the hobby.
Feeling freedom
Distinguished Member

Sinned wrote:FF, ask Donald as I met him once on a visit here. There are loads of things to do, even if it is raining. The bar walls are good for a walk around if you are feeling energetic [0]. The Railway Museum and loads more. It's a wonderful city to live in and handy for large cities like Leeds and the countryside [1]. Anyway a tourist guide will give you all this information. And the streets are male skirt friendly too. [2]

[0] The wall walk is a lot longer than it first appears.
[1] North York Moors, The Dales, The Pennines and so on.
[2] I've never encountered a problem or any adverse reaction.
Sounds wonderful Sinned! One problem though.....I love pubs and would in one after another. I may have to stagger around the wall :lol:
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Feeling freedom wrote:I may have to stagger around the wall :lol:
Well, at least you'd have something to lean on. :)
Feeling freedom
Distinguished Member

Maybe that's what the wall is there for :)
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

I like the styles! Where did you acquire the boots?