Men can "rock" skirts too!

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Feeling freedom
Distinguished Member

Re: Men can "rock" skirts too!

Post by Feeling freedom »

Freedomforall wrote:I like the styles! Where did you acquire the boots?
Thanks Freedomforall!

I have the best luck at Winners. Quality leather riding boots are usually at cheapest $250.00 CDN and up in shoes stores but I can find them in Winners for $100.00. Good brands too! The tan boots are Naturalizer and my black ones are Ecco. I have even found Ralph Lauren boots there for $130.00.

Do you wear riding boots? If so, where do you have luck?
Personal style is important to me. Even when my outfits may contain skirts, tights and great ankle or riding length boots! I enjoy fashion and am excited to get in on the conversations with the like minded!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

FF, you won't believe how many pubs we have in York and many of them wear traditional craft beers. York even has its own brewery and there's the Black Sheep Brewery nearby. England has its own society CAMRA ( Campaign for Real Ale ) who advocate craft beers. I would even buy you a pint or two in the Three Legged Mare. [0]

[0] Also known as the Wonkey Donkey. The three legged mare was a gallows standing on three legs.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Feeling freedom
Distinguished Member

Sounds like a lot of fun sinned! It looks like I won't be travelling anytime soon though since I will be going on stress leave from work as of Monday. The imbesil I have been working for can shove it and I will need to recuperate and find work elsewhere. This will take time.
Personal style is important to me. Even when my outfits may contain skirts, tights and great ankle or riding length boots! I enjoy fashion and am excited to get in on the conversations with the like minded!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Feeling freedom wrote:Sounds like a lot of fun sinned! It looks like I won't be travelling anytime soon though since I will be going on stress leave from work as of Monday. The imbesil I have been working for can shove it and I will need to recuperate and find work elsewhere. This will take time.
Best of luck with that! Been there, done that, have the scars.

Once removed from the toxic atmosphere, hopefully things will pick up quickly for you. I took me four months to get my mind back into something resembling a functional state so bad the damage was.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Feeling freedom
Distinguished Member

crfriend wrote:
Feeling freedom wrote:Sounds like a lot of fun sinned! It looks like I won't be travelling anytime soon though since I will be going on stress leave from work as of Monday. The imbesil I have been working for can shove it and I will need to recuperate and find work elsewhere. This will take time.
Best of luck with that! Been there, done that, have the scars.

Once removed from the toxic atmosphere, hopefully things will pick up quickly for you. I took me four months to get my mind back into something resembling a functional state so bad the damage was.
Thanks CR! Toxic is the right word! I am now on anti-depressants while I get back on my feet. I am the top person in his company yet have been treated very poorly over more than a year. My sister passed away in November from cancer and once again he treated me poorly in my fragile state and I went on stress leave from Mid-December until end of February. Money was getting low so I went back to put money in the bank while I look for other work but things continued to deteriorate to the point of yelling at each other for the last couple of days. I caught him red handed skimming my salary and confronted him. I refuse to be bullied and stolen from! I will see my doctor on Sunday to get a note to go back on stress leave and I never want to see this "you know what" ever again!

I ran my own business for 20 years and this was the first time working for someone and it makes me ohh so want to only work for myself again. If there was a large enough market and growth in skirts for men to start a business I would be all over it!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I also have been on stress relief as you term it. I was off work for 6 months, fortunately fully paid for by the company. One of the stress relievers is to do things that you always wanted to do but didn't have time for. One of mine was to do genealogy and to remodel the bathroom [0]. I have been on antidepressants but got off them as quickly as I could. I am now in a job at a fraction of the salary but a lot happier. I can thus empathise and as Carl has said things will get better and I do hope that you get into a role that brings you contentment. Money isn't everything, as long as we can cover our living expenses. The stress brought on my diabetes [1] and the diabetes ruined my hearing. I have learned that money doesn't mean a lot if you don't have your health. You can't enjoy life if you're seriously ill or dead.

[0] This was MOH's suggestion. Stress destroys self-confidence and as an example it took me over an hour and a half to install a short length of high amp cable from a switch outside the bathroom, through the wall to where the shower would sit. As the cable is quite thick and not easy to cut I kept measuring and re-measuring to get it right. Now it would take me 5 minutes.
[1] Stress can be one of the triggers for diabetes so monitor your weight and be aware of the symptoms of diabetes.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Thread gone a long way from 'rocking' skirts.

When I saw this 'wind-assisted pencil' I was (slightly) reminded of Mark, who might approve.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

getting back to skirts and boots
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Jaysus, That's daring, OS1. Getting into SksDad country now. Fancy the red boots!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Feeling freedom
Distinguished Member

WOW!!! You both look awesome! Now that's men rockin' skirts!

Thank you for bringing the thread back to what it was originally for. You helped me take my attention off my stress.
tesjolts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by tesjolts »

Feeling freedom wrote: I ran my own business for 20 years and this was the first time working for someone and it makes me ohh so want to only work for myself again. If there was a large enough market and growth in skirts for men to start a business I would be all over it!
Been there as well FF. Working out is for me one of the best stress relievers, especially when working with toxic people. You'll get over it. Just show at work one day wearing one of those nice skirted outfits you have and wave him goodbye and the stress too :)

Cheers

Tes
Feeling freedom
Distinguished Member

tesjolts wrote:
Feeling freedom wrote: I ran my own business for 20 years and this was the first time working for someone and it makes me ohh so want to only work for myself again. If there was a large enough market and growth in skirts for men to start a business I would be all over it!
Been there as well FF. Working out is for me one of the best stress relievers, especially when working with toxic people. You'll get over it. Just show at work one day wearing one of those nice skirted outfits you have and wave him goodbye and the stress too :)

Cheers

Tes
Thanks Tes, great idea and made me :lol: I will have need to focus on other topics with him. I have started running again and it does help. Doctor's orders too.
Feeling freedom
Distinguished Member

I am changing financial institutions and had a meeting at the old one to finish closing accounts and then went to my new bank and had a meeting on investments. I wore a checkered blue collard shirt with a coral sweater. Works well with the blue denim (yes that skirt again....I just love it!) Black tights with black boots. It is like a "business casual" look.

I enjoy wearing this out.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

You certainly seem to have found your style, FF. It works very well. I think that in that outfit, most people would notice the sweater before the skirt etc, it stands out more.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Feeling freedom
Distinguished Member

Thanks Skirtyscot! I like colour and the sweater contrasts well with the dark blue skirt. This is one of my favourite outfits.