Old Men ?

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Old Men ?

Post by weeladdie18 »

An interesting story from a younger Member of the forum......Many of us have crossed the isle
to explore the other side of the world. ....The Skirt Café is a watering hole in a safe zone where
men choose to survive and recollect their experiences of life......We all have a different opinion
as to how the "Men in Skirts " should dress in their alternative and progressive fashion style.

Happy Shirting .........Weeladdie
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

weeladdie18 wrote:We all have a different opinion as to how the "Men in Skirts " should dress in their alternative and progressive fashion style.
Happy Shirting .........Weeladdie
I believe in live and let live as a man in a skirt.
I think we all should just enjoy our self styled world and JUST DO IT!!

:lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
hillaryskirt

Post by hillaryskirt »

Oops just lost my addition to this older post so I'll try again -
Was really just to say I'm fascinated in the notion of men 's testosterone lowering with age & it's relation to Skirt wearing - & does any other member have anything to add to this?
"The past is never dead. It's not even past." - William Faulkner.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

74 today . There is a saying "the lord willing and the creek don't rise. " I may be having some trouble with the creek rising . But the willing sure is there.

I don't see any relation between lower testosterone and wearing a skirt.,
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

hillaryskirt wrote:[...] I'm fascinated in the notion of men 's testosterone lowering with age & it's relation to Skirt wearing [...]
I see no correlation at all -- if anything, the added boost of "courage" (and stupidity) supposedly conferred by the presence of abundant testosterone might increase the odds of being willing to buck convention; however, it doesn't work that way. I think it has more to do with the fact that older guys are vastly more settled and comfortable with who they are, both as individuals and as part of society, and are willing to take chances based on the comfort of already being settled and (hopefully) successful.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
hillaryskirt

Post by hillaryskirt »

Thank you Carl and the other respondent for your answers.
Thank you for your thoughts on calm reflection of advancing years (a more considered decision to put on a skirt), vis a vis hot headed testosterone fuelled possible reasons as a younger man.
A number of issues criss cross here. Ony one of them being - if I may - a ‘less male' (lower testosterone) outlook that might gel with a woman's decision to put on a skirt.
However I am well aware this site is about MEN putting on SKIRTS and as such I am not rocking the boat but only admire that stance here.
:wink:
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

crfriend wrote:
hillaryskirt wrote:[...] I'm fascinated in the notion of men 's testosterone lowering with age & it's relation to Skirt wearing [...]
I see no correlation at all -- if anything, the added boost of "courage" (and stupidity) supposedly conferred by the presence of abundant testosterone might increase the odds of being willing to buck convention; however, it doesn't work that way. I think it has more to do with the fact that older guys are vastly more settled and comfortable with who they are, both as individuals and as part of society, and are willing to take chances based on the comfort of already being settled and (hopefully) successful.
Yup, that's it. Also, for me it's partly not being willing to waste another second editing what I want to do, given that the number of seconds I have remaining isn't growing.

My boss decided she wanted to walk the Camino (Camino de Santiago) one year and just did it. She had already had a bout of cancer and recovered from it. She didn't connect the two events at all but it stuck in my mind that she must have been glad she did it while she still could. Her reports of her experiences walking the Camino directly inspired me to plan the trip I took with MOH to India about two years later, and that was also about the time I started wearing skirts more frequently than pants.

Not wasting another second is an attitude everyone should probably have, but it's understandable that younger people won't feel it as strongly.
Daryl...
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

hillaryskirt wrote:Oops just lost my addition to this older post so I'll try again -
Was really just to say I'm fascinated in the notion of men 's testosterone lowering with age & it's relation to Skirt wearing - & does any other member have anything to add to this?
I'd expect an inverse relation, which is to say that the desire to wear a skirt would decrease with decreasing testosterone levels, not increase. The connection is simple. Increased libido leads to increased sexual ideation, and in het men the goal of that ideation is to experience the female of the species. Crossdressing is one means of doing that by proxy. ("Autogynephilia" is a word to look up.)

Imagining oneself as female; getting "inside the female headpsace" so to speak; may also be a means of informing males about what females might like sexually, which has potential reproductive advantages. This would also be logically linked to higher testosterone levels, not lower ones.
Daryl...
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I guess wearing a skirt while driving a car is a form of auto gynephilia :lol: :lol: :lol: Just what I need another mental condition to deal with
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Gentlemen or should that be Gentlepeople?

What we have here is a confusing of the mind. To help clear that up just remember this one important item:

LIFE IS A TERMINAL ILLNESS!!!

We will not get out of it alive!!! So be at peace with yourself and tell the world where to get off. Do your own thing and worry not.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
hillaryskirt

Post by hillaryskirt »

Daryl wrote: Imagining oneself as female; getting "inside the female headpsace" so to speak; may also be a means of informing males about what females might like sexually, which has potential reproductive advantages. This would also be logically linked to higher testosterone levels, not lower ones.
That is a nice try, Daryl.
Consider also the novelist, like Henry James or that modern Irish chap. Wear a metaphorical literary petticoat..!
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I’ve heard it said that ear hair is an indicator of testosterone. If that’s the case, I must be more virile than ever. Please explain that to my man-parts, someone. :(

Of course it could be that the hair follicles from my thinning noggin have formed their own migrant caravans and are using my ears like tunnels beneath the border wall. :lol:
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

hillaryskirt wrote:
Daryl wrote: Imagining oneself as female; getting "inside the female headpsace" so to speak; may also be a means of informing males about what females might like sexually, which has potential reproductive advantages. This would also be logically linked to higher testosterone levels, not lower ones.
That is a nice try, Daryl.
Consider also the novelist, like Henry James or that modern Irish chap. Wear a metaphorical literary petticoat..!
Yeah it's pretty obvious when I am freeform theorising. A theory that fits the facts may be nothing more than a story in a pretty petticoat, but I can deal with that. :wink:
Daryl...
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

oldsalt1 wrote:I guess wearing a skirt while driving a car is a form of auto gynephilia :lol: :lol: :lol: Just what I need another mental condition to deal with
As groan-worthy as that one is (which is to say VERY), I think this should be the first entry in a Skirt Cafe dictionary.
Daryl...
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

dillon wrote:I’ve heard it said that ear hair is an indicator of testosterone. If that’s the case, I must be more virile than ever.
If your earbuds won't stay in, you're man enough to wear a skirt.
Daryl...