Sikko

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Sikko

Sikko

Post by Sikko »

Hi ladies/gentlemen,

I'm from the Netherlands. Last year I discovered I like to walk around in mini demin skirts when it is warm outside. I think I have now enough self confidence to do it at busy public places next summer. I'm waiting till it is heating up outside. You will hear more from me later this year.

Cheers,
Sikko
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sikko

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

Welcome Sikko

I believe we have several members from The Netherlands on the board, many of whom are out and about in the real world.

I'm from the UK, but have visited several times in years gone by; mostly skirted, with never a problem. Although I've mostly visited smaller towns, I have been around Amsterdam, Eindhoven and Maastricht. Also, several times to Efteling; so much nicer than Disneyland resort Paris!

Please join in topics of interest and let us know a little more about you.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Welcome, Sikko! I hope you enjoy the board and your future skirt-wearing.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

Welcome to the Skirt party Sikko.
Sikko

Post by Sikko »

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Orca

Post by Orca »

Welkom Sikko,

Welcome Sikko....
Swim Well, Brother!
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Yay!, denim mini skrts are great in warm weather.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
skirtingseattle

Post by skirtingseattle »

Sikko,

I have worn miniskirts (12" drop ~30cm) out in public in large cities with thousands of people around and have had no problems. My sport kilts get more attention. Material was denim to stretchy polyester, from black to light pink, from temperatures at 50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 degrees Celsius) and warmer.

Go for it.

Chris
Orca

Post by Orca »

Hi Sikko,

In my experience it's easier to wear skirts in a moderate busy environment. When you're part of a crowd, you'll won't be noticed as much..
As you're getting used to it this could be helpful..

Demin / jeans / 'spijkerstof' (dutch) skirts will be the least noticeable in public, most people won't look twice if you're wearing denim even if it a denim skirt...

If possible get someone to join you, when others see a skirted man accompanied by someone else (male of female), it's much harder to make comments. When your little group is OK with you wearing a skirt, there is less moral high ground available to ridicule you. In that case the person making fun of you is seen as an offender.
Swim Well, Brother!
Sikko

Post by Sikko »

skirtingseattle wrote:Sikko,

I have worn miniskirts (12" drop ~30cm) out in public in large cities with thousands of people around and have had no problems. My sport kilts get more attention. Material was denim to stretchy polyester, from black to light pink, from temperatures at 50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 degrees Celsius) and warmer.

Go for it.

Chris
Great to hear your story. My two denim miniskirts are also 12" long. I don't think I can wear shorter skirts, because I'm quite long (6' 5"). I am only waiting for warmer weather so I can wear my skirts outside, especially walking in the dunes. Also want to go out in the night one time wearing one of my mini skirts.
tesjolts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by tesjolts »

Welcome Sikko,

I've never had a problem wearing denim skirts to public places. As someone else said here, it's easier when you are accompanied by somebody else. Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Tes
Sikko

Post by Sikko »

Yesterday I walked half an hour in the woods in my denim mini skirt and only passed 4 persons. No reactions as I expected. It was not warm enough to make a longer trip. Wearing such a short skirt felt very liberating.

Cheers,
Sikko
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Sikko wrote:Yesterday I walked half an hour in the woods in my denim mini skirt and only passed 4 persons. No reactions as I expected. It was not warm enough to make a longer trip.]/quote]
There you go! Congratulations!
Sikko wrote:Wearing such a short skirt felt very liberating.
For sure, it can be that, not only the freedom of motion, but also the freedom of being yourself.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Sikko wrote:Yesterday I walked half an hour in the woods in my denim mini skirt and only passed 4 persons. No reactions as I expected. It was not warm enough to make a longer trip. Wearing such a short skirt felt very liberating.

Cheers,
Sikko
It is still too cold for me and the snow is almost knee high. Kilts and long socks when it is 10C (50F) or over and skirts when it is 20C (68F) or over. I heard it is spring-like in the Netherlands so I'm sligthly jealous.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Martin

Post by Martin »

Hello Sikko,

good of you to take the steps to be yourself, I have been wearing skirts more often in public lately and it felt syrprisingly liberating and comfortable. People in my town don't seem to mind a bloke in a skirt. Keep us posted about your progress.

Take care,

Martin