Hello from Ireland

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Ryan Schwantz

Hello from Ireland

Post by Ryan Schwantz »

Hi everyone,

Great site. I'm Ryan from Dublin, Ireland.
Last year I cut up an old pair of jeans and made them into a pair of short shorts. Tried them on and decided to go further and turn them into a denim mini skirt. I left a very small amount of fabric front and back to give a hint of illusion that the skirt was still shorts. See what u think. Being fairly confident I went hill walking wearing exactly in the photo. Commando too. Loved it.

Last month I was in REI in Seattle and bought an Elkcommando kilt. Very nice. Wore that about town during recent warm weather.[attachment=0]miniglad.jpg[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hello from Ireland

Post by skirtyscot »

Hello and welcome to the café, Ryan. Well done for stepping out in your skirt without worrying! First time is not easy for most men.

Hillwalking in a skirt is fine, I've done it myself. But commando is a bit brave, especially when your skirt is as short as yours. Unless there was a nice smooth path and nobody else about. Where and when did you go?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Looks great, Ryan! Welcome to the zoo...
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Greetings! :) Are you planning on converting any other garments?
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I'd advise against commando in such a short skirt. You may enjoy it and be comfortable but skirted you are an example, an ambassador, for our group and as such what you do reflects on our group. Inadvertent flashing is not what we are about. In the wilds where no-one is around is one thing but in crowds and in particular where there are children around is not advisable. :( That being said the skirt is fine and I have a skirt or several as short but worn with underwear. I hope you are not offended, common sense really, and I welcome you to the site and look forward to more posts from you. :)
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Ryan Schwantz

Post by Ryan Schwantz »

Thanks Sinned, yes, in the wilds only, good comments well received.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Welcome Ryan,
But when I walk up Kippure/Mullacleevaun/lugnaquilla I'm looking for different views!

Wearing something that short you are indeed an ambassador.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Welcome to the group, Ryan, and congratulations on your skirting so far!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Sinned wrote:I'd advise against commando in such a short skirt. You may enjoy it and be comfortable but skirted you are an example, an ambassador, for our group and as such what you do reflects on our group. Inadvertent flashing is not what we are about. In the wilds where no-one is around is one thing but in crowds and in particular where there are children around is not advisable. :( That being said the skirt is fine and I have a skirt or several as short but worn with underwear. I hope you are not offended, common sense really, and I welcome you to the site and look forward to more posts from you. :)
I agree. I advise against commando...period. We really don't need the bad press, and that inadvertent man-spread accident that gets captured on a cell phone camera is just what the internet loves...it's a virtual "I told you so" from the holier-than-thou social conservative prudes. And in addition to that factor, it's just...ewww... :sick:
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

Hi Ryan and welcome to the group. Great choice for your skirt and you look great in it. As for going commando in such a short skirt is great around the house or in areas were you may not meet other people is great and also very comfortable, when I go out in my kilts which are shorter than the norm I also go commando. The last thing we need is the inadvertent flash especially when there a kids about. :welcome:
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Welcome to the sote Ryan - my preference too is for short minis and that look is just a treat! 8) :D Well done in your first trips in the wider world and not just the wilder world.

I do however, advocate caution and wear underwear with my short skirts and the only time I go commando is with a traditional Scottish kilt (knee-length)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels