Greetings from Central Illinois

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Greetings from Central Illinois

Post by skirtingtoday »

Rev Paul
It is indeed just a matter of saying, "i am going to do this!" and then DO it. Some prefer busy shopping malls (ie anonymity in a crowd) and others (like myself) start in an area and place they would not normally go and where there are just a very few people.

My starting choice was at a Motorway (similar to US freeway) service station to fill up with petrol. Knees were knocking I can tell you :shock: but when nodody notices (and that really surprised me! :D ), you wonder what all the fuss was about! 8)

Yes - just go for it but in the manner and location of your own choosing, depending on what you are most comfortable with. The bottom line as noted above is to look confident (difficult the first time I know) but after you have done it and analysed it in your head, you will come to the conclusion that the only real problem is between your ears! 8) :D You are doing nothing wrong, just something a bit different!

Good luck in your ventures - let us know how it goes! You will have loads of encouragement here! 8)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I think you'll find that wearing a skirt in public is about like getting in a cold swimming pool. You stick your toe in (lollygag at the front porch door) finally you slide in the water and its freezing (your neighbors see you), then you just lurch right in and maybe dunk your head. Its cold (society can also feel cold) but before you know it you're having fun and then you dread getting out. (Going home again)

Enjoy your swim in society!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

moonshadow wrote:I think you'll find that wearing a skirt in public is about like getting in a cold swimming pool. You stick your toe in (lollygag at the front porch door) finally you slide in the water and its freezing (your neighbors see you), then you just lurch right in and maybe dunk your head. Its cold (society can also feel cold) but before you know it you're having fun and then you dread getting out. (Going home again)

Enjoy your swim in society!
I like the description. Very accurate and can relate to it. Never thought of looking at it like that.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.