I am new here

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
MerAnthony

I am new here

Post by MerAnthony »

Hello I am new here to this forum, I am a merman from North Carolina ( AKA Anthony). I have worn a skirt berfore but only in my home. I would prefer a skirt more than pants but at this moment I only have a sarong. I would like to get a few more buit not having any luck to find any that are with in my budget. I hope to learn more about skirts for men an maybe some time in the future maybe go out in public with one on.
In NOV. I move here to North Carolina. I came from Upstate NY in looking to start a new life with my family.
Reaper_Man
Member Extraordinaire

Re: I am new here

Post by Reaper_Man »

Welcome to the cafe MerAnthony

many members here starting out wearing skirts for the first time tend to buy from thrift shops and charity stores, this allows them to buy skirts for low prices and allows them to get the feel for different types of skirts, if you buy from these kind of stores and you then find that for whatever reason a particular skirt is not for you (wrong size, colour, fit etc) then you haven't wasted too much money, once you find the styles that you like you can move on to other fashion stores and buy new knowing that the skirt will be to your personal style
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hi MerAnthony.

I don't think there have ever been any mermen or indeed merfolk on here previously. :D :nemo:

Welcome to you and i hope you manage to get some confidence here about wearing skirts more often and try them outside the house. 8) :D

Just had a check and there seems to be quite a movement in NC for mer-people - found this website for instance.

http://ncmerfest.com/ 8) :nemo: :fish: :nemo: 8)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Hi, MerAnthony, and welcome to the board.

Ditto Reaper_Man on buying skirts from thrift stores. A $5 a pop you can experiment a lot without much expense.

So, you go swimming with others, all in mermaid/man tails? Is that right? Any videos? I hope that at some point you can post a photo of yourself wearing a skirt over your tail. That'd be something to see.

Anyway, again, welcome!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron