Hello from the Pacific Northwest

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
SkirtMe

Hello from the Pacific Northwest

Post by SkirtMe »

My UserName is SkirtMe, my girlfriend encouraged me to try to wear skirts and kilts once in a while because she is from Scotland and became a United States Citizen about 15 years ago. She is a supporter of Men wearing skirts and kilts but in our area it's somewhat frond upon but it's permissible to some events that we go to.

I prefer some wool skirts for warmth in the winter, kilts for special occasions, and most of all I do like to wear some skirts that are fashionable and comfortable to wear. Any way, I'm happy to be here and I'm a senior citizen as well. I've been retired since 2007.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hello from the Pacific Northwest

Post by skirted_in_SF »

Pendleton, from the great state of Oregon, used to make some very nice wool plaid skirts. Maybe they still do, I just don't remember seeing an ad for one recently. I don't own one since they're outside my budget for something I'm not quite up to wearing out and about.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Welcome SkrtM, many of us are in the run up to retirement but not actually retired yet and I'm one of them. It's good that YOH is supportive of you - there are many on this forum who wish that theirs were. MOH isn't but she's more tolerant now than she was. Please contribute to discussions as alternative views and solutions to common problems that afflict us are welcome. Also mutual support is often appreciated.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Welcome from what is usually known as the Pacific Northwet...

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
SkirtMe

Post by SkirtMe »

Thank you all and I will try to visit this wonderful forum and offer some insights.
Kingussie

Post by Kingussie »

Hello SkirtMe,

Glad to see that I'm not the newest newbie here anymore. Welcome aboard!

I've been wearing Kilts for over 30 years and this is a place where there are a good number of kilted - and skirted - gentlemen. 8)

BTW, you are indeed fortunate to have such support and encouragement from your girlfriend. Treasure her! :)
Kingussie
--------------
Why should the ladies have all the fun?
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

Welcome to the forum SkirtMe. As I have just said to Kingussie on my welcome to him, spice is the variety of life so they say. Trousers, Kilts, Skirts, tights go for it.

I'm also pleased to hear that your girlfriend is supportive and encourages you. Some partners and wife's of fellow male skirt wearers on this forum are not, and the more that do have supportive partners can only help these members to let their partners know that many are supportive.

All the best and keep up the promotion of men in skirts.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.
skirtingseattle

Post by skirtingseattle »

Hello SkirtMe,

I am in the Seattle area (South Bellevue). If you are near by, maybe we can grab a pint. If you are further afield, ping me ahead of time if you are ever in the Seattle area and we can get together.

Chris
SkirtMe

Post by SkirtMe »

My girlfriend and I had a serious discussion of me wearing Skirts and because of our lengthy discussion last weekend and all - her family and well as mine feels that I will be an object of ridicule of me wearing a skirt anywhere around our both family and friends.

Therefore, I'll not be making any additional posts in this forum because of that reason alone and therefore I decided to donate my skirts and kilts to an organization that can use them for a worthy cause. I'm truly sorry that I'm abandoning all means of wearing them and feel that it's not a good thing for me to wear them.

Sorry that this is my last post. :( :cry:

Admin of this Site - Please terminate my account - Sorry Everyone!
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Sorry to see him go. I really believe that when one has these desires one can't bury them forever. It'll come back full force at sometime in the future. When it does he'll think about this forum, this time, and how he let others dictate his life.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Reaper_Man
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Reaper_Man »

SkirtMe wrote:My UserName is SkirtMe, my girlfriend encouraged me to try to wear skirts and kilts
SkirtMe wrote:My girlfriend and I had a serious discussion of me wearing Skirts and because of our lengthy discussion last weekend and all - her family and well as mine feels that I will be an object of ridicule of me wearing a skirt anywhere around our both family and friends.

odd that it was his girlfriend that suggested he starts wearing them and yet after a long discussion with her he decided to abandon them, did she not stand up against her family and defend his skirt wearing? ... i dare say that some members of both mine and my wife's family might object (even if only silently) to my skirt / dress wearing but i care not, if my wife is happy to be seen with me wearing the clothes that i wear then all is good
Kingussie

Post by Kingussie »

Reaper_Man wrote:
SkirtMe wrote:My UserName is SkirtMe, my girlfriend encouraged me to try to wear skirts and kilts
SkirtMe wrote:My girlfriend and I had a serious discussion of me wearing Skirts and because of our lengthy discussion last weekend and all - her family and well as mine feels that I will be an object of ridicule of me wearing a skirt anywhere around our both family and friends.

odd that it was his girlfriend that suggested he starts wearing them and yet after a long discussion with her he decided to abandon them, did she not stand up against her family and defend his skirt wearing? ... i dare say that some members of both mine and my wife's family might object (even if only silently) to my skirt / dress wearing but i care not, if my wife is happy to be seen with me wearing the clothes that i wear then all is good
I think that there's more to this situation than meets the eye.
Kingussie
--------------
Why should the ladies have all the fun?
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I concur. There is something more going on here than meets the eye.

A retired person with a family who would disapprove to the point of ridicule and laughter? Something just does not sit right, and didn't from the get-go.

Buckling so quickly sounds more like the action of a teenager than a mature adult.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

crfriend wrote:Buckling so quickly sounds more like the action of a teenager than a mature adult.
I'd say this is particularly true when the buckling is in the face of imaginary demons:
her family and well as mine feels that I will be an object of ridicule of me wearing a skirt anywhere around our both family and friends
To me that says he has not actually tried it, just gave up based on guesswork.

Oh well, it's his loss; we're still having fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce