Noobie here!

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Noobie here!

Post by skirted_in_SF »

TheRod wrote:I've only once been encountered while hiking naked and that was by a hang glider in the Fremont Hills, CA. Much quieter than people and approaching from above and downwind, practically silent.
You were hiking in a much more urban area than I. I was hiking in the Trinity Alps Wildness. For non-Californians, that is in the far northern part of the state, west of Mt. Shasta.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Toll

Post by Toll »

Hahahahaha you guys are great! I was actually thinking of creating a young male character who wears skirts. It's a fresh idea! But I never considered wearing a skirt myself for research! I like that idea! :D I like it a lot!
barefoot_kevin

Post by barefoot_kevin »

Uncle Al wrote:Hi Toll and :welcome:

IF I may throw my $.02 worth in here, I will suggest getting one of the economy kilts,
made by several manufactures. The "Blackwatch" tartan is not associated to any clan.

This 'starter kilt' will be an 'ice-braker' with friends and, especially, family. After seeing you
wearing your kilt, the subtle switch to a regular skirt will not readily be noticed - BY ANYONE :!: :D
{B.T.D.T.}

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
The "Thrifty Kilt" from Stillwaterkilts.com is a great choice, and can be had for around $30 US. It is a quick wrap/unwrap with an adjustable velcro closure. Sometimes I like to be "out and about" in the great outdoors au natural too. I can slip mine on or off in a few seconds if needed, and they pack small too.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I, like my friends here, look for any opportunity to appear skirted and we've got quite inventive at the reasons and situations we've created. I've put on a few pounds recently around my waist meaning that my trousers are tight but elasticated skirts not. The weight gain should only be temporary so I don't want to buy any larger sized trousers so to give me the "encouragement" to lose weight. Halloween is a good time and MOH's disapproval or not I shall be skirted then.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Toll

Post by Toll »

Ok so I have taken the next step. I have talked to a family member about wearing skirts. It's my younger brother. He's 21 and very open minded. He's totally cool with the idea of me wearing skirts. It was really hard just getting the nerve to talk about this with him but I did it and I feel better. My next step is my parents... I asked my brother his thoughts on how our folks would react. He is really unsure. My mom had a hard time just accepting my brother getting his first tattoo a couple months ago. It's just scary to think of what my folks' reactions will be when they learn I wanna wear skirts. I plan to talk to them about it sometime this week. It's going to be really hard.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Best of luck with the family revelations. I hope it goes well, or at least non-catastrophic.

My advise is to keep your confidence up and not ask for permission; instead, tell them this is something you need try.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I agree, you're not asking them for permission - you are informing them as a matter of courtesy so that it doesn't come back to them third hand so good luck. Unfortunately the way I it happened with MOH gave her the advantage and I have been paying for it ever since! She has the impression that I need her permission to wear my skirts and I have now the almost impossible task of changing this without causing major ructions between us. I'm sure if I can do it and prove that there are no assaults by the SAS, big black choppers overhead and people pointing and rolling on the floor laughing I can make serious headway. Funny enough I have to go later and fill MOH's car up and I might just put my skirt on and tell her that that's how I am going.

There again I may just tell her and then chicken out when I get a disparaging remark. Oh well, I guess being married is more important. But I have scored some little "political victories" lately which has softened her stance somewhat. Maybe tonight I will score that major victory?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Toll

Post by Toll »

Caultron wrote:Best of luck with the family revelations. I hope it goes well, or at least non-catastrophic.

My advise is to keep your confidence up and not ask for permission; instead, tell them this is something you need try.
Thank you. I wouldn't say that I was gonna ask permission but I plan to tell them that I care about their feelings too and if wearing a skirt is going to make me pose as an embarrassment to my family and hurt my relationship with them, then I'll hold off from wearing them for now. My relationship with them is more important to me than the skirts. They can't stop me from doing it when I have my own place though. I'm wearing skirts no matter what but as long as I'm living with my folks, I care more about our relationship (relationship being part of the household). I think as long as I'm considering their feelings, than things shouldn't go crazy.

So in short, even if they don't like it but also don't mind, I'll still wear them. If my family is ashamed of me for this, then I won't wear skirts around them, which means I won't wear any until I move out.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I know what you mean Tll. I think that we all have family members that are for our skirts and those against. If I didn't care about MOH's feelings then I would just go ahead and wear a skirt when I want but of course we all consider the feelings of family members and if there's anything that stops us wearing skirts it's that. Good luck anyway.