A Oldie but Newbie

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

A Oldie but Newbie

Post by Gordon »

Hello

A newbie to the forum and wearing skirts, but I'm over 60 years young. :)

I got sent here by someone at http://www.crossdressers.com a few weeks ago because of a post I did about a guy wearing a skirt and not pretending to be a woman. The idea intrigued me. I've been lurking here for that few weeks reading and getting an idea about what you're about.

I have to say that the idea of wearing a skirt is something I can relate to. At first I thought I was a cross dresser but I know that I'll never be able to pass because I'm 6 foot and weight about 260 pounds. But then I don't think I ever wanted to. I love the look and feel of feminine clothing. I've been "under dressing" for years, and regularly shave my legs, well… and the rest of my body except chest area. My wife won't go for that. I love pantyhose and regularly wear them along with trousers from Lane Bryant, and some heeled women's boots that could be called unisex. I also regularly get manicures and pedicures and wear color polish on both. Mainly neutral colors on the fingers, but bright colors on the feet. An occasional outing I will wear some woman's sandals to let the world see my painted toes.

A few days ago I went to the local thrift store and scored 3 pairs of women's jeans and 3 pair of denim skirts. Yesterday I wore a skirt to go put gas in my vehicle and to the hardware store for some needed items. There weren't too many people at either location. So it was a little easier than somewhere where there are a lot of people. That will be my next thing to accomplish.

So… I plan to be here a while, absorbing what you all have to say. I'm not a big poster. But occasionally you'll hear from me. Oh, and thanks for a great forum.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A Oldie but Newbie

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hi LGG

Welcome to the forum - I too am 60 years young and like wearing skirts occasionally. 8) And tights when the weather gets cold. :D

Almost all people here are skirted men and do not try and be feminine - though some have experimented with that. There are few crossdressers here (except possibly at Hallowe'en). Others here have nail polish and makeup but again, it's not to look feminine. A few wear bras but more for medical reasons rather than femininity.

Quite a few here have no issues with appearing in public skirted but have significant problems with their partrner. How does your wife feel about you wearing skirts?

I think you will settle in fine here and I hope you will be able contribute a post every now and then. Whatever problems or uncertainty you may have, there will be discussion(s) here to help you.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

Welcome LGG
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Welcome, LGG. You'll find a variety of fashion interests here, but we are generally not CDs. Some of us have a bit more feminine flair than others, and some are pretty reserved kiltmen and little beyond. Personally I go mostly for an outdoorsish style in skirts, perhaps because I find outdoorsy women quite appealing. I'm not into feminine undergarments beyond tights, occasionally slips or skirt shapers, though I do shave my legs and often polish my toenails. I can't really see crossdressing as a calling unless someone could really pass as female upon normal visual scrutiny. Happily, we are engaged in an assault on the stereotypes of masculinity and reject the unwritten codes that confine our spirits.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Welcome, LGG. :) I believe that the site that you linked is a "classic cross dresser" site. The classic CD group have their own own forums. This forum is a unique conglomeration, glued together by chemistry more than anything else. The fashion interests vary, but what we have in common is an interest in wearing "one pipe" rather than two.

I am 57 years old, and became interested in kilting. I live in Seattle.

I have the impression that many members are older men, which makes sense-becoming sick of the same old/same old, and not wanting to be stuck in two pipes for an entire lifetime.
norstdresses
Member Extraordinaire

Post by norstdresses »

Welcome LGG,

I am 48 Years young and for me is wearing a dress only another kind of clothing what let ne feel well, free and comfortable. I do wear dresses not to appear as a woman, either to reflect my personality.
Enjoy the freedom of skirts and dresses.
skirtingseattle

Post by skirtingseattle »

Welcome,

I live in south Bellevue near Bellevue College. If you are ever see a kilted guys in public in Bellevue or Issaquah, that's probably me as I go out nearly 100% of the time after works hours kilted. My wife is OK with kilts, not OK with me wearing miniskirts out.

Perhaps we will see you around sometime.

Chris
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

^Could also be me, tho, if the person is a bit on the large side with long hair. Then, there's also dragonslain, who lives in Bellevue as well, IIRC. He usually does denim skirts with tights and wears a braid, whereas I usually just go for a horsetail (yes, it extends almost to my waist when tied back), and always wear kneesocks with my skirts and kilts. I'm usually opening minds with a proverbial pry bar in north king county (and sometimes in Seattle proper), though.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Are there any trousermen left round your way?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

^Too many. lol

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo