Introductions Hello from Idaho

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
kiltedbear

Introductions Hello from Idaho

Post by kiltedbear »

Being new to skirtcafe I wanted to say hi and say I wear kilts a lot of the time I live in a smaller town( McCall Idaho ) and most of the town folk are used to seeing me in a kilt. I wear mainly Utilakilts although I do have some Sportkilts. Being a whitewater kayaker you can change in and out of kayaking shorts without a changing room, I just change under my kilt. I always wear a kilt when hiking I like the freedom a kilt allows and I always take a kilt along on a river trip rain or snow. I don't know why some people have hang ups about a man in a kilt or any other skirt like garment I feel a person should be able wear any garment they wish male or female. I sometimes wear a skirt that's not a kilt but I' am more self conscious about it I feel very comfortable in a skirt and wish it was more socially acceptable for men to wear skirts. Sometimes I say f--k the world and today I' am wearing a skirt. I think some day skirts will be a socially acceptable men's garment as more and more men find out how comfortable skirts really are and wearing a skirted garment is no big deal. Women wear pants, and men can wear skirts! When I was jr high school there was a dress code and girls were not aloud to wear pants only skirts and dresses, times have changed. Lets keep wearing skirts and kilts and help make the change.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Introductions Hello from Idaho

Post by Caultron »

Welcome, kiltedbear, and I like your attitude. I hike in utility kilts quite a bit myself.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Hello from Scotland, kiltedbear, and welcome to the cafe. The more you wear your skirt in public, the sooner it will become acceptable. So keep up the good work!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hi kiltedbear!
Another warm welcome from Scotland! We here have an advantage in that kilts on men are quite accepted. Mainly it is worn for "special" occasions but those events are becoming more frequent - even just a trip to the pub to see your mates.

Utility kilts are becoming more popular here though there are still far too few around. I am trying to rectify that in my own small way

It is extremely rare to see a man in a real skirt though I have seen or heard of several around Edinburgh (where I stay) though that too I am trying to rectify.

Have you had any adverse comments or on the other hand, any positive remarks. I find that skirts and UK's are ignored for the most past or are positively received (have had some nice comments too) and the kilt is always positive regardless of what is worn with it (ghillie shirt, traditional shirt and tie, or T-shirt/polo shirt)

Hope to hear more from you

Ross
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

Hi and welcome, love your attitude, keep it up :D
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Greetings! :)
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Welcome from a former open-boater. Unbifurcatd garments are great for this sport. Changing from wet shorts back to dry boxers is a breeze in my Macabi skirt, plus it resists water and dries quickly. Sadly, my knees are shot and that keeps me off the rivers now, plus now living three hours from the nearest Class III.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...