Greeting from VA

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Greeting from VA

Post by hoborob »

I have been attempting to get into and read some of the information that I have been informed was available here on the site. Using my home ISP provider I cannot access this site for some reason that has yet to be determined. However I do have access to another network that is not causing any access problem. So while I can I simply wish to say hello to all.

I don't have the desire to make public appearances at this point in time while wearing a skirt but while at home in private I do wear on a semi-regular basis. I don't attempt to hide this but I also do not have a need or desire to be in anyone's face about it. My aim and goal is simply to enjoy myself and the freedom to wear what I want when at home and not to be judged for it. So to all you skirt wearers out there have fun and enjoy yourselves.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Greeting from VA

Post by crfriend »

Welcome aboard, Rob, and do let it be known than all ISPs are most certainly not created equal. I suffer from one that frequently won't let me access the (US) National Weather Service nor LinkedIn (which was a real pain in the backside when I was on a job-hunt some years ago).

If you really "catch the bug" of wearing skirts, sooner or later you will want to venture out of the house in one, and for that you can peruse the commentary on this site not just for advice on it, but also for how much of a non-event it really turns out to be. Your own locale may vary of course (just like gas mileage) but for the most part the crowd here have not had any problems at all. The problems mostly come from wives and significant others.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hi hoborob - and welcome to the site.

I too have difficulty connecting to a site (my local golf club) on one particular computer when I input my name and password (which I know!) in Firefox and nothing happens other than a repeat request for login details. On the same computer, I switch to Internet Explorer (sorry - I'll wash my mouth out with soap!), I log with in no problem. All other PC's and laptops have no problem with Firefox so a strange one.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

Hi & welcome to Skirtcafe :cheers:
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Extendng a welcome and a cup of Ethopian Arabica from south of the border (NC), right down I-95.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...