Here it goes,,,,,

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
sparky1665

Here it goes,,,,,

Post by sparky1665 »

I have somewhat been lurking for a while.

It kind of started off, as a *cross dresser* thing. BUT I found out, that well, I like wearing skirts.

Well, not *skirts*, but *kilts*.

AND I did NOT want to go out, well, looking like a woman.

Skirt,,,,,Kilt,,,,,,WHATEVER.

Really?

Can I *just not* wear p@nts, without you calling me a *cross dresser*?

It's a Kilt

It"s a Skirt.

It's a One Legged Pair of P@nts.

It's a towel wrapped around my,,,backside.

*Whatever*!

Three summers wearing a utility kilt.

Some questions:

Do you wear underwear, with a skirt.

In a kilt, no underwear needed, the skirts that I have,,,,well,,,,,.

What about the *tops*?

I like the look of *space dyed* tops.

I would like one / several that fit a man. WITH a *mans* collar. NOT showing a whole lot of neck.

Just how far can one go, showing *neck*?

Where does a man find *woman's designed t-shirts*?

Like, space dyed; larger neck opening, collar bone showing, with out showing shoulders; wild prints (NOT girly,flowerelay), ( I found a website for purple. Black & white camo t-shirt, with purple....Awesome!) ; etc, that fit a man?

I.E> Where can I find a tee shirt, that has the *cut* of a mans shirt, but with some the designs of a women's shirt?

Can I wear leggings (i.e. skin tight long johns), with the kilt, in cold weather?

Last year, just before / after Halloween, I was wearing a utility kilt, leg warmers (I was hoping everyone would think *kilt hose*) , and for a couple of days, or week or two, leggings, that felt like, looked like very thick pantyhose/ tights ( no way any hair showing) ,,,, and,,,,,,,,,And,,,,,,,,,,,AND FINGERNAIL POLISH!!!

Oh,oh AND a mustache!

It finally got too cold,,,back to the darn p@nts!

(I latter had a friend say that the *fingernail polish*, was better than the *leg warmers*.)

(It's summer time, back to kilts & NO fingernail polish, don't want anyone to,,,to,,,,To think I'm gay).

I do sub contract electric work for a company, alone with my own work. Mostly, get in, get it done, get my check. The salesman, just last week (obviously upset/ mad) told me that I was banned from wearing my *kilt* to his jobs. NO kilt, NO fingernail polish, etc. He stated that a *customer* & a *suppler* complained. I had a salesman from a supplier of mine give me grieve.

I *Just* said,,,,*I can take my money elsewhere*... That shut him up quick.

NO leggings, finger nail polish, etc. Just the tee shirt, utility kilt & colored, short ankle / mid calf socks.

I,,,,,,,,ALMOST,,,,,,,told him,,,,,,,to go find a friggin new electrician!

Not all, that I wanted to say,,,
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Here it goes,,,,,

Post by Caultron »

Some post you put together there, but as to
sparky1665 wrote:Can I *just not* wear p@nts, without you calling me a *cross dresser"?
Sure you can wear a skirt or kilt and not have me call you a cross-dresser. But that's me. Ask a million other people and you'll get a million different answers.

Most of those other million will, in fact, think, "There goes a man wearing a garment usually worn only by women," but if the rest of your look is traditionally male, they're probably not going to label you a cross-dresser or transvestite, and especially not for kilts. It's not like you're in full drag.

But don't let labels assigned by other people control your life. Wear what you want to wear, look people straight in the eye, be friendly, smile, and wish 'em a nice day. 99 times out of 100 they'll smile and be friendly back. The other 1% may be a little grumpy but that's their problem, not your's. Learn to enjoy the surprise.

As to the whole underwear / commando / regimental thing, do what you want as long as nobody's going to see. But for shorter skirts and for active sports, underwear is most likely prudent.

Welcome to the board have fun!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

Welcome sparky1665 :D hope you have a great time on this forum. I agree with you skirts are great. When it come to underwear its up to you, but the shorter the skirt the more prudent it would be to wear some kind of underwear.
Look at some of the older posts for advise and encouragement on wearing skirts. :)
MrNaturalAZ
Distinguished Member

Post by MrNaturalAZ »

Welcome, Sparky. Might I ask what part of the world (or country, if USA) you are in? I think other peoples' reactions can vary based on locality and perhaps how much exposure they've already had with unconventional modes of attire. Also, the farther you veer from "normal" the more attention it is likely to attract. I'm sure that wearing a utility kilt along with traditionally masculine shirt and shoes (or work boots), without leggings or stockings, and not painting your fingernails would be met with far less opposition. If that's what you want, of course. If, OTOH, you actually like shaking things up and observing people's reactions, then I guess the more extreme your presentation, the more likely it will make someone uncomfortable enough to open their mouth.

For what it's worth, in my neck of the woods (rural/exurban AZ) I get surprisingly little, considering the socially conservative culture that predominates the area, flack about my utility kilts. Few comments at all, and compliments overwhelmingly outnumber complaints. My bare feet get more attention than my kilts, and even that is rare and usually out of concern or curiosity, especially when it is particularly hot or cold out.

In any case, it seems like you've got the right attitude - wear what makes you happy and comfortable. Go forth with confidence and don't let anybody else tell you how to dress - certainly not total strangers. When it comes to relationships (personal and/or business) you may need to sit down and have a meaningful conversation with the other person and then decide if it is better to come to a compromise or to stand your ground.
No shirt, no shoes, no pants, no gods. No worries!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I wear tights or thigh-high socks in cooler weather and to hockey games and have never encountered a bad reaction.

In cool weather runners and bicyclists wear tights all the time. It's mainstream.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I don't much care what people thnk anymore...if they want to think I'm gay, that's beyond my control, but what they think is irrelevant to fact. The truth is the truth and ignorance is ignorance, and shall always be so. And with more years behind me than ahead of me, life is too short to live for the expectations of others. And, BTW, a hearty welcome to the cafe.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Oh, and BTW, I always wear underwear with a skrt, and recommend doing so. Frankly, the idea of being in the vicinity of a kilted/skrted man who is "going commando" disgusts me a bit. I want at least two layers of fabric between myself and another dude's junk...
MrNaturalAZ
Distinguished Member

Post by MrNaturalAZ »

dillon wrote:Frankly, the idea of being in the vicinity of a kilted/skrted man who is "going commando" disgusts me a bit. I want at least two layers of fabric between myself and another dude's junk...
Your name wouldn't happen to be Matthew Inman, would it?

I usually enjoy his comics, alot - especially his cat ones - but while I can still appreciate the intended humor of this one, I don't share his sentiment on the matter.
No shirt, no shoes, no pants, no gods. No worries!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

dillon wrote:Oh, and BTW, I always wear underwear with a skrt, and recommend doing so. Frankly, the idea of being in the vicinity of a kilted/skrted man who is "going commando" disgusts me a bit. I want at least two layers of fabric between myself and another dude's junk...

Well there'd be your kilt and his kilt or trousers, so that's two already even if you both go Commando. But as you don't, you're up to three.

What I need his underwear that is as comfortable as going Commando but covers the meat and two veg. Neither underpants nor boxers quite make the grade. Any suggestions?

And welcome to the Café, sparky1665!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

2 layers of cloth? a kilt gives you a minimum of 2 layers, just under the aprons, my 12 yard kilt seems to give me about 6 layers behind, it's like sitting on a pillow! oh, and standing up wearing something the weight of a bed!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

skirtyscot wrote:What I need his underwear that is as comfortable as going Commando but covers the meat and two veg. Neither underpants nor boxers quite make the grade. Any suggestions?
Suggestion removed.
Last edited by Jim on Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Personally, I wear Jockey lycra/spandex boxer-briefs, short leg, and find them comfortable and supportive. And when I said "two layers", to clarify, I meant one of those layers fully enclosing the "meat and vegetables".
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Point of information folks -
If an item of clothing is meant to be seen by the public,
it is OK to discuss the item at the Cafe'.

If the item of clothing is NOT meant to be seen by the public,
it is NOT OK to discuss the item at the Cafe'.

Thus a petticoat is OK to discuss as it helps support the skirt and
maybe show a bit at the bottom of the skirt.

Other "Items" under a skirt ARE NOT OK TO DISCUSS.

So, to be safe, steer clear of the current discussion :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Well said, Uncle Al.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !