Skirting the Issue

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
tartansmith

Skirting the Issue

Post by tartansmith »

Well, after a tartan enforced wedding recently, I've come to the conclusion that kilts and other "skirts" are definitely the future. Looking to start my very own collection and thought there could be no better advice portal than here. WIll look forward to speaking to some of you as I dive in.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirting the Issue

Post by Sinned »

Welcome trtnsmth,

I'm not really one for saying it but I'll be the first for a change. I hope that you enjoy your time with us here. Take some time to look through previous postings in the various forums. There's lots of humour and sensible advice and encouragement. You'll find that sometimes it's the ones closest to us that have the hardest time accepting the alternative form of dress. I know that is the case with me. If you can get over that hurdle then the race to the finish is relatively smooth.

:welcome:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Good to have you joins us tartansmith! :D 8)

Great to have a tartan wedding -it lets you know of the alternative clothing possibility and the comfort of a skirted garment 8) :D

As sinned says, have a look round and you will find a large reservoir of comments about men who wish to wear skirts (and kilts) as MEN and not be a transvestite (Nothing wrong with TV - there are many other sites available that cover that aspect of dressing).

I too have real problems at home so if you can get your closest family, friends and relatives on board, then all will be fine with the world. Other people in public generally ignore you and have at most a double-take look when you in a skirt and are complimentary if you are in a kilt.

Ross
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

Welcome tartansmith. Plenty to look at, plenty to read, lots of funny stuff, plenty of serious stuff, and lots of support, tips and hints, enjoy your time with us. :D
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

An Irish welcome too, Trtnsmth. Where do you hang out?

Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Welcome, Tartan. Though I don't think any of us are exactly the height of fashion, we are certainly glad to have another brother. My advice is to please yourself with your clothing and be happy.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Dillon, we are ahead of fashion!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair