Hi from a new member

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
nhcat

Hi from a new member

Post by nhcat »

Hello folks.
I have joined the group recently, although I have visited here often for many years. I have been very appreciative of skirts since I was a child, and would wear one in secret when ever possible. As I have gotten older, times have changed, and with the info. from this group I have started wearing kilts and skirts more often in public. Thank you for the confidence builder.

As has been said here so often, all you need to do is get out there, act yourself, and be confident. Few people notice, and almost all of the few comments are positive.

Today I am wearing brown a "ellkommendo" kilt. I made some stops at the supermarket, Walmart, had a coffee at a local cafe, and walked a short distance on main street. Very comfortable, and I could not detect anyone taking notice to my kilt. So it seems to work.

Anyway, I thought it was about time that I made an introduction to the group and to express my appreciation for the site.

Thanks,

Ron
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hi from a new member

Post by dillon »

Welcome, Ron!
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Welcome, Ron, congratulations no overcoming your fears, and congratulations on being yourself. Because, like, who else can you be?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

Welcome Ron. Glad that you managed to get the confidence and inspiration out of this forum as I did :D
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Greetings! 8)
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hi Ron,

It is great that you have now joined and that this forum has helped with that. :D :D Yes, you will find that few will "notice" (many will have noticed but very few will actually comment or indicate that they have noticed) and there will be little more that a double-take occasionally. :shock:

Well done for getting "out there" and being yourself! 8)

Ross (from the other side of "the pond")
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels