Greetings

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
NH Dan

Greetings

Post by NH Dan »

Just found this sight yesterday and it looks very promising. About myself. I have been doing a lot of sole searching lately and am starting to discover a lot about myself- I know that hardly anyone fits into the same hole but may come close. One thing that I have always known is that I am a nudist but that has come with difficulties as my wife could never really understand how important it is for me. Have always had a fascination with kilts and a few years ago purchased a utilikilt at the Highland Games but don't wear that often because it is a lot of work to put on. Recently started borrowing a skirt from my wife and when she didn't like how that looked on me ( too short and pink) she gave me one that was a bit longer and darker, which I love. Have since bought a few others for myself but only wear around the house. Would like to find something to work in and will probably get another utilikilt .
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Greetings

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome: Dan
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Hi, NH Dan, and welcome to the group.

I'm a utility kilt fan myself, and wear them almost everywhere. Public acceptance is very good and even if I bought something off the women's rack, It'd probably be knee-length and either pleated or A-line anyway.

I think putting on a kilt is easier than putting on pants, as you don't have to balance or lean on one foot in order to slide the other through. And you don't have to take off your shoes to dress or change. But either way takes only a few seconds, so no big deal.

You're fortunate that your wife is reasonably accepting. Have you asked how she'd feel about your going out in public?

As to wearing a skirt of kilt at work, what do you do?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
NH Dan

Post by NH Dan »

To Caultron.. I am retired but am building a house and don't wish to get any urethane or paint on something that I would consider nice. Mostly climbing ladders , hammering nails and that sort of thing. No haven't asked my wife how she would feel about me out in public, think she would be okay with it as long as I remain tasteful.. I did have one of my black, above the knee skirt on one evening when my neighbors came over to ask a question and knowing how they would never refuse a beer we sat out on the deck and nothing was said.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

NH Dan wrote:...I am retired but am building a house and don't wish to get any urethane or paint on something that I would consider nice...
For something like that, I'd recommend a skirt from a thrift store. They usually go for around $5.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

It should be easier to go to work as a skirt-wearer than as a nudist, I'd have thought. Have you tried either?

Martin
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

HI NH Dan! Welcome to the forum!

I too am a nudist when I can around the house and occasionally the garden as well as holidays on clothes optional beaches. MOH whilst she doesn't accept skirts at all, does accept my naturist habits and is happy to go along with it on in appropriate places. She is rather reluctant though on other beaches no matter how quiet and few people are there.

I have a tartan kilt and 2 utilitikilts (one black and one cream/beige) as well as several other skirts (denim of khaki).

Hope you find what you are looking for and good for you at least your wife at least accepts your skirt-wearing. :D

Ross
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
TheRod
Distinguished Member

Post by TheRod »

I like hiking nude when the conditions are suitable, such as open grassland or remote trails. On less remote trails, a short skirt is the nearest thing to going natural, especially if going commando. In hot climes, this is a great legal way to experience the outdoors as close as possible to out natural state. I've used a hiking skirt or kilt from sealevel to snowlevel and thoroughly recommend them.

Rod