I am new

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Wim Jansma

I am new

Post by Wim Jansma »

Hello,
I am new on this site. Wim Jansma is my real name, not a nick-name. I live in the Netherlands in a town called Nijmegen, near de border of Germany. Some fifty years ago, at school, I tryed to learn English. I don't think that I was the best pupil. So forgive me my lausy English.
I am married for nearly 50 years. In our house and in our garden I always wear a skirt. In public never, because my wife dont like that. And I respect her opinion.
My skirts are always very short. Not longer as 30 cm. I only wear a skirt, farther no womanly things. A skirt gives a feeling of freedom, in the summer a cool feeling and also a confirmation that I am differently to other man. Yes, I am not very mannisch. I am no Ceasar, rather a meek Chopin.
I would like to post my avatar, but I don"t know how. Can you help me ?[attachment=0]Kampfoto 2.jpg[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Uncle Al

Re: I am new

Post by Uncle Al »

Hi Wim and :welcome:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Wim Jansma wrote:I am new on this site. Wim Jansma is my real name, not a nick-name. I live in the Netherlands in a town called Nijmegen, near de border of Germany. Some fifty years ago, at school, I tryed to learn English. I don't think that I was the best pupil. So forgive me my lausy English.
Greetings, Wim, and welcome aboard. Don't worry needlessly about your English as some native speakers manage to mangle it more than you do. Just do your best and I'm sure everybody here will recognize it.
I am married for nearly 50 years.
Congratulations on that! That's an impressive run.
My skirts are always very short. Not longer as 30 cm. I only wear a skirt, farther no womanly things. A skirt gives a feeling of freedom, in the summer a cool feeling and also a confirmation that I am differently to other man. Yes, I am not very mannisch. I am no Ceasar, rather a meek Chopin.
If you're going to "go public" consider something longer; this might also help bring your wife "on side".
I would like to post my avatar, but I don"t know how. Can you help me?
Avatars are created and maintained in the "User Control Panel" under the "Profile" then "Edit Avatar" options. As you clearly have the image on your system already it should be pretty easy to upload it via the above location.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Wim Jansma

Post by Wim Jansma »

Well,
Thank you my friend. As you see, I have now my own Avatar.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Welcome! :sunny:
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

Hi Wim. Welcome,
I too am new to this site. Congratulations on your almost 50 years married. As to to the length of your skirt, its fine, I think that if you have good looking legs, show them. The wrap/skirt that I wear at home and go to the gym in is also 30 cm.
I
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hi Wim,
No problems with your English - it will be much better than my attempts at Dutch!

Good for you in wearing short skirts even if it is only "allowed" in the house and garden. My own shortest one is 34cm but I normally wear 40-60cm length (the 60cm length being a traditional tartan kilt)

My wife too does not like skirts on men so I can only wear them when she is not around :( I have recently bought a couple of Utilitikilts (one khaki/beige and the other black), just a little above knee-length, and they both seem to be accepted by friends and work colleagues.

Ross
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Felipe

Post by Felipe »

Hey mate, don't worry about your english.
Looks just perfect to me! :P