New(ish) to running in a skirt

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
runnj

New(ish) to running in a skirt

Post by runnj »

Hi,

I found this site because someone on the forum found my blog post on running in a skirt and posted a link to it here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12168&start=15. It's been interesting seeing the amount of traffic I get related to men in skirts in general.

As well as running in skirts, I have also just bought a Sport Kilt that I intend to wear on hot days around town.

Thanks,

Neil
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: New(ish) to running in a skirt

Post by crfriend »

Neil -- That blog post was a good one, and drove the point home fairly well that skirts work on guys, and can even work for athletic uses. I'm a more sedate type, and the closest I get to a run is when I break into a trot to get across a busy street, but I also wear skirts much longer than those designed for running.

In any event, here you'll find discussions on most aspects of skirt-wearing for guys: what works, what doesn't, general observations, and personal experience. The "cast of characters" is broadly-scoped, but tend to be of superior intellect and generally very civilized; I'm proud to occupy a small sliver of "cyberspace" with them.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtRevolution »

Hi and welcome,
More men are discovering the comfort of a skirt, which is not only the best suited garment for men but also a garment that was always mens clothing, even today in many countries outside the west skirts are a normal everyday option for men. Its great see more western men rediscovery our heritage in fashion and even greater to see us once again reclaim it.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Opinion requested-are running skirts likely to be popularized for men?
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Grok wrote:Opinion requested-are running skirts likely to be popularized for men?
That's a Catch-22 -- they'll only become popular for men if men popularise them.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
runnj

Post by runnj »

Thanks all for the welcome.

Yesterday I took part in a huge relay race across NJ. Hundreds of runners and quite a few positive comments about the skirts (and some bemused looks). I was chatting to one team and they seemed convinced enough to give it a try - I guess some runners just haven't even considered it as an option so awareness may play a part in how possible it is to popularize it.

In between my runs (which I ran in a running skirt) I wore a Sport Kilt - I feel it would be too heavy to run in but it was ideal for between runs (great for being able to change too as it provided great cover for getting out of the sweaty clothes). I loved wearing it so much I just ordered another one.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Just like skirts in general: most men simply wouldn't consider them as an option. We were all told from an early age not to wear them because boys don't. And of course the only way to get men to consider skirts is to go out in one. So well done!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair