New in the room

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New in the room

Post by Caultron »

Hi, Andy, and welcome. Tell us more about yourself and (I presume) your skirt-wearing!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hi Andy - Welcome to the site!

I concur with you. Some here find it difficult to convince those closest to themselves (like my situation). How frequent a skirt-wearer are you (if at all)? There is an Introduction section where you could give a brief resume of where yopu are at.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi Andy & :welcome:
Andy

Post by Andy »

hi there,
thanks for the welcome.

I do occasionally wear skirts, for example on holidays or festive events - so far I've got a huge variety of reactions reaching from..."oh looks cool" over "I wish I was as brave" to "wtf"...

I feel that in total the reactions are rather positive, it is a cultural thing that men just don't consider themselves skirt wearers. Many find it funny, but as my legs are fortunately well shaped :lol: :lol: :lol: it seems to be not ridiculous at all.

please do not ask me to post any pics - I do not want to be shown on pics online...but maybe I'll post some pics of my skirts later.
Egotism is an alphabet of one letter
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Indeed, regardless of how big a deal wearing a skirt may be for you, it tends to be an unbelievably small deal for everyone else. People are so shell-shocked by fashion that almost anything goes.

I'm pretty sure the Picks and Looks topic is closed to non-members, but what you post is obviously up to you.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron