Hello!

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
thesmithie

Hello!

Post by thesmithie »

Hello fellow skirt wearers,

I'm Liam from Bristol and i thought i would say hi etc.

I've been wearing leggings for a couple of years now and i really like the look.
I've probably only seen 1 or 2 other people wear them so far (Excluding those cyclist type guys but that's not really the same thing).
Having worn them for so long, i got bored of having to wear shorts, as being honest, the male crotch is a tad ugly.... at the present time!

So i decided to see if i could make something to wear over it to fix the problem.
During this process i kind of came up with a skirt hybrid which can be worn over trousers or jeans.

(This doesnt fix the legging issue, but i have something else for that under my wing).

Not to blow my own trumpet (it would probably be cheaper if i could :lol: ) but i think i might have something a niche audience may like.
Having read a lot about men wearing kilts and an underground wanting to wear skirts, im hoping my hybrid is the stepping stone for other men who wish to take the plunge without having to jump in with both feet.

I guess i joined here partly to take part in your community and to understand the perspective on skirts from a wider group. As friends and family who dont really get it or want to keep talking about dont really have much to offer.

Hopefully that's a good enough hello for now, if a mod accepts my application to show my skirts in an ok'd section, i would be glad to hear any initial feedback should you choose to offer any if thats happens :lol: .

Speak to everyone soon.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hello!

Post by Caultron »

Sounds interesting! Welcome, and I'd love to see some photos!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

Welcome to the Cafe!

You can always go "old school" and do the tunic thing.
I found my torso was just short enough that the tall sized shirt(s) were just about long enough to be usable as a tunic.
(Self portrait #1 of mine is a large/tall sized long sleeve mock neck t-shirt over a pair of leggings.)

Another alternative is to shop the ballet dance-wear stores for a "dance belt". Their primary purpose is to smooth out the manly bits so that wearer doesn't find himself giving the audience an impromptu anatomy lesson. They do this job equally well underneath leggings. Of course that route kind of makes the inconvenience of dispensing with the shorts a moot point.
thesmithie

Post by thesmithie »

Thanks for the reply!

Ill be sure to show some photos soon mods allowing. Ill see if i can get it added to the skirt shop forum thread. I dont want to post links and piss anyone off as i just got here.

Thanks for the tip Kingfish about the ballet dance belt! I first thought you meant a bum bag, lol.

But no that does look tempting, it does seem to solve the bulge issue.

I tried to view your tunic, but i dont have access to that side of the forum yet, probably cos im a newbie. :cry:

However as per your description, i can picture something in my head. I dunno if i could try that, 30 years of clothing ending at my waist to try and wear something as a top thats thigh length might feel alien.

But definately worth a go! :wink: