Just Joined SkirtCafe

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Just Joined SkirtCafe

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

Noting a member had put a link to my site http://www.theskirtedman.eu generating 129 visits to my site in May and asking "I wonder if he is a member" I decided to join.

I am an active skirtwearer in public since May 2011. Go everywhere unless a situation dictates trousers eg my DIY hobby, walking the fells and my self employment etc.

My site gives my reasons, photos of me, and some areas I have been publicly skirted and these are not just pubs etc but opticians, dentists, theaters etc.

My public outings of my site was closed when I started a blog of some of my activities earlier in 2013. This can be found at http://www.theskirtedman.blogspot.co.uk/

I have only looked at some posts on SkirtCafe. I note many go out in public, and some only do it at home. If anyone does not have the confidence to go out in public and want to talk to me about how I do and my experiences please contact. I'll gladly help any genuine man who has a desire and belief that in this modern era a man has just as much right, freedom and choice to wear what ever. However, if your partner does not agree, certainly going public, then that is a problem beyond me.

I have never in the last two years had any direct aggression towards me. I let people be, I do not flaunt myself or try to tell others this is the way. I remain me, and do not try to hide that I am a male. No wigs, no make up etc. I use a small backpack, - Troop of London - wear male outer coats and shoes. I am a size 12 in shoes! I also prefer male shoes and coats in any event so that desire never becomes an issue. Being 2 meters in height may also help, I don't know. I behave like a man, drink pints as well as wine, not a pub drinker only a diner for good meals. I just get on with what I'm doing and blend in. Just as many talk to me in a skirt as I experienced when I was 100% trouser based. I am aware as best I can of my surroundings.

None of my self employment clients have said anything although they know. I am very social with three so they already knew in any event. All our friends were fine with it when told back in 2010 and I had great support from them and my wife when in 2010 I decided my secret life was to be no more and I started to prepare myself to cross that threshold and walk out in public in what Society deem as womens wear but any wear for women. My wife has know since I met her in 1987. My parents and younger brother were the only ones to say to me, they do not understand and contact, certainly with my younger brother has waned. With regards my elder brother, who incidentally is deeply religious has welcomed it and our relationship has strengthened. He is an strong and dedicated believer in his faith and when I told him back in 2010 he said he will pray for me daily as God will help me get through this. I assume that within 6 months later I was going out publicly that God has made his decision. What ever my elder brother embraces it.

I am based in Northern England, Yorkshire Dales region of North Yorkshire.

Jeremy
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.
Milfmog

Re: Just Joined SkirtCafe

Post by Milfmog »

Hi Jeremy and welcome to this little corner of cyberspace.

I was one of those 129 clickthroughs to your site and have to say that I was impressed with the standard of content. The folks here range from full time wherever they go skirters to some who have yet to get beyond their own homes. I fit some way along that spectrum (no skirts at work due to the "need to maintain the corporate image") but will chose between skirts, shorts or trousers depending on how I feel, the weather, what I am doing and a number of other factors. It's just great to have that choice.

Thanks for the introduction, it is good to have another advocate for men in skirts.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

Many thanks Ian.

The more men who wear skirts as a choice the more it will be looked upon as "normal" but what is normal. Another of Societies labels!

Jeremy
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

"Evolving"-meaning, I will do what I want, but demand that you remain trapped in the same old rigid, stultifying role.
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

Definition of 'Evolving' is to develop gradually from a simple to a more complex form, a style of its own, to work out or devise. Also to develop over successive generations as a result of natural selection.

That does not give freedom to one and restrict another.

Jeremy