Greetings from Colorado

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Gray

Greetings from Colorado

Post by Gray »

I am 51, and started wearing a skirt at home after my hip was broken. My wife bought it because I had problems getting into pants, (but did so to go out) and pants (PJ or lounging) would get twisted up and cause pain. Even after I had healed up, I kept wearing the skirts for sleeping and relaxing around the house.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Greetings from Colorado

Post by crfriend »

Welcome aboard, Gray. I'm sorry to hear about your hip; that must've hurt like the Devil.

What does your wife think of your skirt-wearing around the house? What would she think if you ventured outside? Given that she seems to have driven the initial purchase, she may be accepting of the notion of the skirted male.

Where in Colorado do you hail from? I've been to the Denver/Colorado Springs/Boulder areas many times and have found the delightful.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
Gray

Post by Gray »

crfriend wrote:Welcome aboard, Gray. I'm sorry to hear about your hip; that must've hurt like the Devil.
Indeed it did. That was several years ago.
crfriend wrote:What does your wife think of your skirt-wearing around the house?
At first it was for safety while I was recovering, then she liked it for other reasons. Personal.
crfriend wrote:What would she think if you ventured outside?
No, not something she was for, not out by Ft. Carson. We were both military.
crfriend wrote:Given that she seems to have driven the initial purchase, she may be accepting of the notion of the skirted male.
She had to convince me, and herself I think. She had 3 Bachelors degrees, one in history with a fashion concentration. She explained that in many cultures over the centuries, men wore various skirts, such as the kilt, sarong and andon bakama for example. There were also waist tunic in Europe in the Middle Ages, usually worn during manual labor.
crfriend wrote:Where in Colorado do you hail from? I've been to the Denver/Colorado Springs/Boulder areas many times and have found the delightful.
The Springs. I'm here for good now, since my wife's buried here.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Gray wrote:
crfriend wrote:Where in Colorado do you hail from? I've been to the Denver/Colorado Springs/Boulder areas many times and have found the delightful.
The Springs. I'm here for good now, since my wife's buried here.
I'm awfully sorry to hear about that. But, you live in a beautiful area; hopefully that soothes some of the pain from the loss.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!