Hello from the East Midlands !

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
clayts450

Hello from the East Midlands !

Post by clayts450 »

Hi all - what an amazing discovery this forum was. I'm amazed there are so many geezers who feel so passionately about this skirt-wearing malarkey. Power to you all - I'm in awe.

I've always 'dared to be different' and recently discovered just how comfy skirt-wearing can be - dontcha just love internet shopping and the allure of eBay ? Nothing pervy at all about my sudden conversion to skirt-ism, just freedom in the Little Clayts department after years of scrunching up and mashing by jeans and trousers over many (I could add a few more 'manys' here) years.

I'm a little bit alternative by definition - I abhor 'pigeon-hole-ism' with a passion, and have never subscribed to any particular lifestyle or fashion style.I s'pose, for benefit of people just meeting me, I'm 'alternative'.

As a barefooter, it's interesting that there are so many parallels with 'doing something different' like skirt-wearing in public by fellas. You're 'different', you're 'not the same', you're all rather special if truth be told. What I find interesting is just how tolerant society is of these here lifestyle choices we make, even here in thug-centric England, and I don't expect too much conflict when I finally choose to go public with the old skirt wearing when I summon up the courage to do so (sorry, still a 'behind the drawn venetian blinds' experience here). Well, apart from the usual slack-jawed youths cowering behind their hoodies. Quite frankly when you've been chastised with countless chants of 'where's ya shoes' by rent-a-mob teenagers, wearing a skirt in public should be a doozie. I'm now 'accepted' on my rough-assed Council housing estate brethren as 'the guy who doesn't wear shoes' (bizarre - should be easier to say 'the barefoot guy' - seems to be some social inhibition which stops folks saying the word 'barefoot'), although I suspect footless tights and a skirt may result in exploding teenage brains all over the estate.

I don't go for the long ankle-length skirts - I'm definitely a short skirt kinda guy (with very nice striped or opaque tights and well-restrained underwear tricks, dontcha know) - luckily with a BMI of 23, I have been blessed with pins which snuggle nicely into tights without looking too much like a pair of strangled chickens. My recently acquired 'wardrobe' of skirtage range from 7 inch (ridiculous) to 14 inch (practical cargo mini-skirt with pockets - amazing !) - not sure many of the single figured inchage skirts will make it outdoors, but certainly the longer stuff will.

Anyways, I look forward to learning loads from you experienced guys - I'm amazed, inspired and encouraged by your honesty, 'bravery' and support and look forward to chatting with you all !
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hello from the East Midlands !

Post by skirtyscot »

Hello and welcome, clayts450!

Nobody here is going to suggest that wearing a skirt is pervy. Comfortable is the favourite adjective.

Mind you, I'd feel extremely uncomfortable in a 7-inch skirt. That's more like a belt! At 14 inches you'll find a few like-minded souls who wear them, but not me. My shortest are over 16", my longest 39". It takes all sorts, even in the rarified world of men in skirts.

Put your best skirt on and face the local teenagers, and the world.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Welcome Clayts450. Strange title, probably has an explanation. BMI of 23.....in men wouldn't affect your leg shape, but would be measured further up the corporation, mainly in fat folds near the middle &c.
I'm a mad geriatric rower and have struggled with a BMI of 17.4 for several of my latter years now. Time was in my twenties when that figure was around 8.5-9.0, but half a Century has elapsed since then.
As to skirts...I'd be very uncomfortable in anything shorter than 17".

Tom .
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hi clayts450 and welcome top this site from the other side of Hadrian's wall! Good that you have found it and know that you are not alone.

My own shortest skirt is 13" (denim) and longest is 20" (khaki cargo) so generally they are above the knee for me (except for a tartan kilt of course at 24" length which just grazes the knees).

We look forward to hearing of your excursions however brief and your discovery that almost nobody really notices or cares. A 7" skirt might get noticed more than your 14" one so I should start with that one. Try short trips at first like a visit to a motorway service station to fill up with petrol or shop in a different town from your usual one.

Good luck with these outings and let us know how you get on!
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

Welcome,
also from East Midlands here,
also have BMI of around 23,
alas, I have knobbly knees and sparrow like calves, so don't look good in tights, lol
have skirts from around 12" to 36", but rarely wear outside the house.