Hi from Sydney

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
TheRod
Distinguished Member

Hi from Sydney

Post by TheRod »

I have been wearing kilts and skirts for a few years now. I wear skirts almost all the time at home, and a Utilikilt and sometimes a short denim skirt when out and about shopping. I really like the freedom and sensual feel of an MUG, especially when hiking, which I do quite often. In this subtropical climate, an MUG makes so much sense, and it's a pleasure to see that most women of all ages here wear a skirt or dress, at least in the warmer months.

Today I did a combined hike and bicycle ride whereby I dropped off my bike at one end of the trail and drove to the other end of the trail and jogged back to the bike. It's still quite warm here (30 degC), so jogging and riding in a short denim skirt is the most comfortable way to travel. I rarely see other people on this trail, and if so, they take no notice or give a smile. Another favorite route is to walk along the remote edge of the ocean cliffs south of the city, where a cooling breeze is so much more comfortable than if I were in shorts.

In cooler weather I wear stockings, as I don't like tights in general, though I quite like Fishnet leggings as these provide a surprising degree of warmth without the clamminess of nylon. A half slip is also great to wear under a skirt or kilt as it provides warmth as well as a wonderful slippery feel.

As many people have said. if you look comfortable and confident in your MUG, people just accept it and it becomes a non issue. I feel that I and doing my bit to reclaim these wonderful garments as just another part of men's clothing.
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hi from Sydney

Post by couyalair »

Hi and welcome.

Is Sydney your name or your address?

Martin in Malaga
TheRod
Distinguished Member

Post by TheRod »

I'm in Sydney, Australia - been here a couple of years and quite enjoy it. Prior to that, I worked for a long time in Silicon Valley, California. There's lots of beautiful women there of course, but the women here look more healthy and natural in general, and wear a lot of skirts and dresses which is wonderful to see. Haven't seen any other men in skirts though...
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome:
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

Hi and welcome to a Cockroach from a Cane Toad :P :alien: . It's good to see a few more skirters, from this part of the planet, coming on board.
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Tassierob
Distinguished Member

Post by Tassierob »

Hi and a much delayed welcome from Tassie.
Unfortunately there is not to many of us in the land of Oz at the moment it seems and we are scattered across this huge country.
If you find yourself headed Hobart way though give me a shout. Fellow skirt wearers are always welcome.
Cheers
Rob
If you haven't worn a skirt you haven't found freedom!
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Welcome from Melbourne.

John
Hazy

Post by Hazy »

Hi TheRod,
Sarongman wrote:Hi and welcome to a Cockroach from a Cane Toad :P :alien: . It's good to see a few more skirters, from this part of the planet, coming on board.
Absolutely!

Another cockroach here, enjoying the sub tropical climate which is so conducive to skirt wearing.

Cheers,

Neil
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Funny, I thought Oz/Tas/NZ was a group of tiny little offshore islands between Indo-China & Antarctica and you all ought to be able to see each other if you looked round. It's probably a perspective thing when viewed from here through a cloud of Guinness.

A good friend who used to drive jumbos for BA remarked that having taken off from Sydney airport on the leg back to the UK, five hours later they were just crossing the coast near Darwin. I'd no idea Jumbos flew so slowly! :?

T.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

Kirbstone wrote: I'd no idea Jumbos flew so slowly!
That reminds me of the one about the big mouth Texan bragging in an Aussie pub about the size of his ranch "It takes me a whole half day to get to my front gate". The old bushman next to him looked pityingly at him and said "I had a car like that once".
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
MrUtopia
Distinguished Member

Post by MrUtopia »

There are more Aussies on here than I realised. I guess I should check in more often.

If we are all doing our bit to get skirts for men out in public, maybe we will see more follow and it become more common place.

Peter
Adelaide
The Original Freeman