Hi from Chester

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Daniel

Hi from Chester

Post by Daniel »

I am new to this forum so thought I would say hi.
I am not a cd, but do enjoy wearing skirts, mainly sarongs but I have just bought a ladies billie kilt, as it is a little shorter in the leg.

I would love to hear from anyone for a chat or meet. I am happily married but will still meet up
I am 46 from Chester
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hi from Chester

Post by Kirbstone »

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to this forum. I live just a bit to the West of you, but am mindful of a rather wet section en-route to you. If you are petite enough to get into a billiekilt you can enjoy a wide choice of unbifurcated stuff from 'across the aisle' which will fit you.
I know Chester well, having served there as a Roman Legionary before the Fall. We had a differernt name for the place in those days. Nowadays I visit rarely to dip my oar in & take part in the 'Head of the Dee'.

Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Hello and welcome, Daniel.

Tell us a bit more about your skirt wearing. Are you new to it or an old hand? What does your wife think of it?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

G'day Daniel, and welcome from the Antipodes. We are a diverse bunch, but CDs aren't found here (only the ones in my music collection :P ). I started with sarongs but got fed up with having to use a bum bag or a shoulder bag and soon moved on to a skirt with decent pockets. I still have a drawer full of sarongs which get aired any time I'm at the beach---which isn't often,seeing the coast is over 100 miles away! I look forward to hearing more from you.
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

My ladies mini kilt gas arrived. I am really pleased it feels really comfortable and looks great. :eye:
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Daniel wrote:My ladies mini kilt gas arrived. I am really pleased it feels really comfortable and looks great. :eye:
OK, you like it... but does the black eye at the end of your post suggest that someone else did not? :shock:

Is this your first skirted garment? Have you shared your thoughts on this with friends and family and, if so, how did they react?

Sorry, too many questions, but your public wants to know :)

Have fun,

Ian.

PS Welcome to our little corner of the web; it's not as pretty as Chester, but it is a rather pleasant place to be.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Hi Ian

Ian, I have a few sarong wraps and a black denim wrap, but the Billie kilt is the first skirt I own. My wife liked it, she calls me her Christina Agulera though the skirt is the only resemblance.

I wear my sarongs out on holiday but that's about it, only my wife sees me in skirts.

How about you?

PS, the smilie was supposed to :wink: not a black eye.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Hi Daniel,

I have a number of skirts and kilts (about 20 to 25 total), all of which have been worn out and about although some are more suitable for some situations than others. For instance the three shortest (15 to 16 inches) are really not suitable anywhere I will need to sit down as the geometry does not work and I'd rather not show my choice of underwear to the world. The minis are, however, very comfortable and great for walking the dog in warm weather. Sarongs really only work for the beach or very warm weather, although I do sometimes wear them in the evening with a light shirt as an alternative to a bath robe or similar for kicking around.

I wear skirts in most situations, however, I have not worn them at work or around colleagues since starting a new job recently. It's only a matter of time until it is generally known though, as I have occasionally bumped into colleagues when off the clock; so far only once while I was skirted and I really don't think he noticed as no comment was made then or since. It is unlikely that I will ever wear a skirt at work as my current job involves frequent, but unpredictable, customer meetings and I really don't think it would be appropriate to risk confusing the customers. Next time I find myself travelling over seas I may well elect to travel skirted even if colleagues are on the same flight. I have done this in my previous role and no one had a problem with it, even though I usually changed at work and so was seen on company premises skirted or kilted.

Friends and family all know of my preference for skirts. In fact we had some friends around for dinner last weekend and I got quietly complained at for wearing trousers. Apparently the kids have never seen me kilted and were looking forward to it :)

I still get an occasional push back from my more expensive (and far better looking) half, but I think she is becoming acclimatised to it and I occasionally get a positive remark from her rather than just acceptance. Last weekend she commented for the first time that she actually liked one of my skirts :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: (It was the near floor length black Svenjoyment skirt that I bought from another board member; I really must get around to taking a few pictures of that one to share here.)

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome: