Hello from Minnesota

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
StraightSkirt

Hello from Minnesota

Post by StraightSkirt »

Hey fellas,
I have browsed the site for a while now and decided to join. I have recently decided to man-up and buy some skirts. I found a few that I will try and I can't wait for them to show up. I am learning a lot and hope to one day be able to wear in public. I look forward to discussing and finding new skirts for me to try. Thanks for the site. Is there a donation link?
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hello from Minnesota

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome: to the site
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

StraightSkirt wrote:I have browsed the site for a while now and decided to join.
Welcome aboard.
I look forward to discussing and finding new skirts for me to try. Thanks for the site. Is there a donation link?
You'll certainly get a few opinions here on what might work and what might not, but the best advice I've found is find your style (or sense thereof) and run with that. It makes a lot of the other stuff easier.

As far as a "donation link", there isn't one. All we can ask is that you venture forth into the world and show folks that skirts and kilts work for guys and offer an alternative to trousers. It's the old notion of, "Pay it forward."
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

StraightSkirt wrote: Is there a donation link?
Hi there and welcome to the site.

The only "donation" you need to do is to let us know of your first experiences, skirts/kilts that you have bought, suggestions on skirts etc.

The first time out in a skirt is the hardest but if you read the posts here, you will realise it isn't a big deal at all. The largest hurdle is really in your head.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels