Hi from UK

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
guyinnadress

Hi from UK

Post by guyinnadress »

Hi. I have just found this forum and it seems like the place for me. I thought I was a tranny or cross dresser, but never wanted to 'be a woman' or even look like one. I like wearing skirts, and other feminine items, and think I should be able go do this in public without fearing ridicule or form my safety. Unfortunately my wife, who has previously supported me, has had a change of heart so I have just got rid of all my skirts. So I currently don't own any skirts at all. Hopefully one day I will get some more, we shall see. I never realised there were men out there wearing skirts as men and found this forum after googling 'men wearing skirts'. I look forward to discussions etc with like minded people.
Milfmog

Re: Hi from UK

Post by Milfmog »

Hi and welcome to our little corner of cyber-space.

Unfortunately, many partners seem to feel the that their guy wearing skirts presents a threat to them in some way, so your position is not unusual. Have a read in the various forums here and you'll find lots of discussion on this, which may make your position easier to understand or even help you to resolve it.

Feel free to jump in to any conversations that pique your interest.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hi there guyinadress

I am from Scotland - yes, we're still part of the UK at the moment ;).

As Ian said, your problem is not unique. I thought my wife at least (grudgingly) accepted skirts in the house but that changed, so I too have had to get rid of some of them - more especially the mini-skirts. :(

Reading other posts on this forum will help you so do feel free to join any conversation. :) 8)

One other thing you will find is that there are very very few instances of outright ridicule as almost all people simply ignore it.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
janrok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by janrok »

:welcome:

I remember a song from the seventies: No woman no cry.
I am so lucky as to not having a partner so I am free to do as I please. And I do!
I have been wearing skirts and fashion kilts for some 40 years now and none of my former partners objected. I guess I am a lucky guy....

Jan. (from Holland)
henri

Hi from North London UK to Guyinadress Kent

Post by henri »

Your situation is very unfortunate. Women can wear mens clothes, no one bats an eyelid at an attractive woman in a pinsripe suit tie and braces, now a fashion item for the girls!
I can understand it if you went out in a fancy femine dress, but as you will see from this forum, there are quite a few of us who wear a skirt, stockings or tights, I prefer the former with a totally plain suspender belt, so you may have been a bit hasty chucking them all out. Did you take them to an Oxfam or other charity shop; if so buy a couple back!
I walk around in my home locality in North London in a skirt, please check out my first post in 'Converted to skirt and stockings'.
Talk to your partner, and treat yourself to either a kilt, or a very plain knee-length, or a bit below, skirt,which you can wear with a shirt (mens) and sweater, jacket etc.
Yes, treat yourself, but be very subtle. One or two should not be a 'threat', why it is she needs to work that out, but a couple of plain skirts should not be a problem ...
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Hi & :welcome: so your wife is against skirts, what about a kilt with all the trimming, now everyone loves to see a man in a kilt, I wear kilts more than a wear skirts as I don't have to explain to people when they ask “is that a skirt your wearing” see how she goes along with that and you don't have to be Scottish to wear a kilt, but it does help
guyinnadress

Post by guyinnadress »

Thanks for the welcomes. It really is nice to know there are like minded people out there. I don't think I would get away with anything at the moment, even kilts, as it got quite serious before I decided to get rid of everything. Think I will leave things for a bit and just settle in here for a while. Hate wearing the boxers and trousers but have no choice for now.

Cheers
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

guyinnadress wrote:Hate wearing the boxers and trousers but have no choice for now.
You could try turning up the heating and going without the boxers and trousers... after a while your wife might be glad when you put on a skirt :wink:

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
johnb
Member Extraordinaire

Post by johnb »

Milfmog wrote:
guyinnadress wrote:Hate wearing the boxers and trousers but have no choice for now.
You could try turning up the heating and going without the boxers and trousers... after a while your wife might be glad when you put on a skirt :wink:
Have fun,
Ian.
Now that sounds like a good idea !

More seriously as henri says we seem to have a situation where women can wear mens clothes, but where they are unhappy when men wear a skirt. As has been said its a common problem. However its not all bad news and I'm sure you will find this forum useful.

John
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Whatever flops your mop is Okie Dokie. Most of us don't consider what we wear as "feminine" clothing, we consider our clothes as just "comfortable". I don't own a motorcycle, bicycle or do jury duty...have no real reason to wear uncomfortable PANTS anywhere, so I don't do it. :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
guyinnadress

Post by guyinnadress »

Apologies for the feminine reference, I'm still new, and still getting my head around guys wearing skirts, as guys! How cool is that? I thought I was maybe a TV or CD as I had only ever found reference to this type of 'dressing'. Then, having been on these type of forums, they tend to have 'alter egos' that are women and they will try their hardest to be women, even to changing their behaviour to suit this alter ego (listening to different music etc). I have never had a feminine alter ego, I was always just me and I don't change anything except what I wear. I still like rock music, watching my favourite football team, watching sci fi stuff etc. So I am pleased I found this forum and have been enjoying reading some of the posts and they are very encouraging and positive

Cheers
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Hi Guyinnadress,

Going back to your original post, why did your wife turn against the idea of you wearing skirts?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
guyinnadress

Post by guyinnadress »

She has never really liked it, just put up with it for my sake. It is not manly! I think she just had enough. She worries about people turning up and catching me too.
skirtman

Post by skirtman »

Hi, I have the same problem with my wife and my skirts. She does not accept that I like to wear them and will not let me in the house. I wear kilts to work aand when ever I get the chance, wear denim mid thigh skirts out in public. I go away alot with my job and will always wear skirts, stockings/tights in hotels - I never take trousers with me at all. I absolutly love it!