Winter Skirts for Men

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Toast Skirts

Winter Skirts for Men

Post by Toast Skirts »

Toast Skirts ship many skirts to men in Europe. Karel from Prague has bought every design we've made over the past 10 years and there are some happy picts of him on Facebook.com/toastskirts in the photo album People In Toast. Toast has a two way zip so you can wear it more like a wraparound A line style or zip it all the way down for a windproof waterproof fit. Here's another fan of Toast Skirts -drummer Dean from Canada.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Winter Skirts for Men

Post by Kirbstone »

.....which re-ignites the old plethora of posts on the subject of trousers under skirts. That illustrated guy isn't promoting skirts for men at all. Twist it round and you have an apron for blacksmithing, baking &c &c. The guy's a torn bluejeans weaarer like the rest of 'em.

T.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

Kirbstone wrote:. That illustrated guy isn't promoting skirts for men at all....The guy's a torn bluejeans weaarer like the rest of 'em.
Good reply, Tom!

This picture has nothing to do with the forum's raison d'etre.

Martin
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Gentlemen, I suspect the image is just one way of wearing the thing and if that particular mode does not appeal to one, one need not wear it so. The 2-way zip design sounds like an interesting one, and I'd be curious to see other images of how it works. 'Tis a pity there was no link to a web site where more information and imagery could be found.

It is worth noting that our (short) list of "rules" (or, to be more precise, "guidelines") makes an explicit allowance for announcements, but not blatant advertising, by manufacturers or designers who make, market, or design skirts for the male audience. This is something we should encourage if the designs appeal to us, but not disparage simply because we don't happen to like a design or an image.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Here is their website ToastSkirts.com but I didn't find any men
wearing the product. Maybe you can find the guys :)

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
MrUtopia
Distinguished Member

Post by MrUtopia »

There are a couple more pictures on their Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/toastskirts

It looks to me like they have one design of skirt only. The Stadium Skirt.

Strictly my opinion.... It looks like a modified parker or sleeping bag.

Peter
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

MrUtopia wrote:Strictly my opinion.... It looks like a modified parker or sleeping bag.
Given their home climate the idea of hibernating or living in a sleeping bag seems pretty appealing... :D

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce